diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   New Linear Audio publication! (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/171767-new-linear-audio-publication.html)

jan.didden 12th August 2010 07:39 AM

New Linear Audio publication!

Hi all,

While doing interviews and posting at diyaudio I've been secretly working on my own printed audio publication! ;)
I'm happy to report that Linear Audio Volume 0 is at the printer's and you can check out the contents and read article abstracts at Linear Audio | your tech audio resource .
The author line-up will sound familiar here and includes well-known diyaudio members like Joachim Gerhard, Stuart Yaniger, Nelson Pass, Douglas Self, Bob Cordell and others.
Let me know what you think of it!

jd

Mooly 12th August 2010 07:47 AM

Some very well respected names there Jan... just had a very quick look... well done, I wish you every success in the venture.

As an aside, it was interesting to "put faces" to names, such as yourself and D Self.

forr 12th August 2010 09:53 AM

Hi Jan,

I immediatly ordered it.

"Inclusive compensation" by Douglas Self.
Difficulties with Ed Cherry's scheme solved ? Good news.

jan.didden 12th August 2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forr (Post 2270359)
Hi Jan,

I immediatly ordered it.

"Inclusive compensation" by Douglas Self.
Difficulties with Ed Cherry's scheme solved ? Good news.

Actually he refers to Cherry's and Baxandall's work (and to Edmond's posts at diyaudio) and develops a nice trick to use it and keep it stable.

jd

jan.didden 30th August 2010 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Linear Audio Volume 0 mailed today as scheduled.
European delivery is expected to take 3-5 days, US/CA/RoW expected to take 7-10 days.

Happy reading!

jan didden

Joachim Gerhard 30th August 2010 04:19 PM

Wow, great. I can not wait to get my sample. I wish you the success that you deserve and when i look at the list of authors and the topics i am sure this will be a classic.

SY 30th August 2010 04:19 PM

Wow, looks beautiful! And a nice complement to the monthly magazine from New England...

I assume that you have nothing but the finest authors in your stable. :D

jan.didden 30th August 2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard (Post 2288282)
Wow, great. I can not wait to get my sample. I wish you the success that you deserve and when i look at the list of authors and the topics i am sure this will be a classic.

Thanks to the efficient German postal service, where I mailed the issues today, you'll probably have it tomorrow!

jan

jan.didden 30th August 2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SY (Post 2288283)
Wow, looks beautiful! And a nice complement to the monthly magazine from New England...

I assume that you have nothing but the finest authors in your stable. :D

Of course! Unfortunately, with a last name starting with 'Y' you always end up at the end of the stable, right....;). And no, I'm not in reverse alphabetic.

jan

jacco vermeulen 30th August 2010 04:33 PM

With all the post Stuart's been getting from Nigeria, i vote he skips his last name's first letter.
(oohhh, this one's gonna get me deleted for sure)