Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd April 2012, 10:21 AM   #451
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

That's remarkable file compression! The original was something like 60MB.

I am totally lusting after a pair of Scott's mikes. I think I know my next project...
Old 2nd April 2012, 10:32 AM   #452
diyAudio Member

If you develop a PCB for the mic preamp, there might be quite some interest for a group buy...

jan
Old 2nd April 2012, 10:47 AM   #453
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

I've got one for my ribbon mike pre, but I suspect that there's a lot fewer people using ribbons than condensers! As soon as V3 arrives in Texas, I'll start trying to do a layout.
Old 2nd April 2012, 11:02 AM   #454
diyAudio Member

YGM
Old 2nd April 2012, 11:16 AM   #455
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janneman View Post
If you develop a PCB for the mic preamp, there might be quite some interest for a group buy...

jan
Yes please.
Old 2nd April 2012, 11:43 AM   #456
just another
diyAudio Moderator

My goodness I am behind on my reading I still haven't read volume 1, I now find there is volume two and volume 3 to order, PLUS the self / blaxandall special... I think I'm going to have to do a bulk order and start to do some more serious reading!!

Tony.
Old 3rd April 2012, 12:19 AM   #457
diyAudio Member

Quote:

jan
On my list of things to do is to make a pair using the Transsound capsules which are very affordable and easy to get. The circuit is very small and can be shoehorned into almost any housing.
Old 5th April 2012, 01:05 PM   #458
CeeVee is offline CeeVee  Portugal
diyAudio Member

got my new Vol 3...

Ohboy...now that i was all into SEC CEN...along comes...Sigurd Ruschkowski, Erno Borbely and Karl Liander ..... with Regin, Fafnir and Volsung.

OOOOH gonna have happy days ahead testing all these with my Buffalo III

GREAT volume Jan
Old 7th April 2012, 05:25 PM   #459
diyAudio Member

Default Linear Audio in Budapest

The 132nd AES convention will be in Budapest end of this month, in the Novotel Convention Center.
I will have a little table top stand there, will have all Linear Audio pubs with me for browsing.
I will also have audioXpress and Elektor Magazine audio books, CDs and subscription deals as well.
Even if you don't spend anything, I'd be very happy for any member here to pass by and have a chat!
I will have some free exhibition passes to give out so contact me if you are interested.
Look me up!

jan
Old 8th April 2012, 02:49 PM   #460
diyAudio Member

Quote:

jan
Jan, I have not seen Vol. 3 but the appendix I sent has an unfortunate similarity to Samuel's article. This was purely coincidence, I realized that I had used a low noise preamp for all my measurements but most folks have ordinary sound cards. I still think the trick for using only small film caps and still going sub 1Hz is worth publishing.

Hide this!Advertise here!