New Linear Audio publication! - Page 29 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th April 2011, 05:20 PM   #281
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janneman View Post
I think it's a fine line. On one extreme, you probably don't need to have explained that 'ohms' is a measure of resistance. Vdd? For me it's in the same class as 'Idd' or 'Vcc'.

But I got your point, I'll look out for it next time and try to avoid uncertainties here. Thanks for the heads-up.

jan didden
I think the line is at names of units need not be notated but abbreviations should be.

OC INOMB WT POP 1.57 CN CYT?
Old 7th April 2011, 05:33 PM   #282
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon7000 View Post
I think the line is at names of units need not be notated but abbreviations should be.

OC INOMB WT POP 1.57 CN CYT?
Einmb, sacbatbk. YMMV.

jan
Old 7th April 2011, 05:54 PM   #283
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Einmb, sacbatbk. YMMV.

jan
And I was afraid I was trying your sense of humor!
Old 7th April 2011, 06:31 PM   #284
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon7000 View Post
And I was afraid I was trying your sense of humor!
Old 8th April 2011, 01:43 PM   #285
diyAudio Member

Jan -- perhaps you should consider using Amazon as a distributor in the US. I know that eventually I'm going to be going somewhere and leave my copy on a plane, etc. and would like to know that there's a backup somewhere.
Old 8th April 2011, 02:05 PM   #286
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinnj View Post
Jan -- perhaps you should consider using Amazon as a distributor in the US. I know that eventually I'm going to be going somewhere and leave my copy on a plane, etc. and would like to know that there's a backup somewhere.
Vol 0 is available from Amazon.

jan
Old 8th April 2011, 03:41 PM   #287
sonidos is offline sonidos  United States
Libertador de la Música
diyAudio Member

Well, got mine a few days ago. Between this and SY's recommendation of Morgan Jones' book, I feel a few IQ points smarter over the last few weeks.

Note, this is a subjective feeling regarding the increased IQ. To all you objective folks, I refuse to be tested!

Jan, another great job! I am enjoying it immensely!
Old 8th April 2011, 04:00 PM   #288
diyAudio Member

I school i was teached by my left wing German teacher that all human beings start life as a black box. So it is not talent, intelligence or if you come from a wealthy family but what is put into that box is what you are. Well, that may be a bit extreme but it influenced my whole career.
Old 8th April 2011, 06:59 PM   #289
sonidos is offline sonidos  United States
Libertador de la Música
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard View Post
I school i was teached by my left wing German teacher that all human beings start life as a black box. So it is not talent, intelligence or if you come from a wealthy family but what is put into that box is what you are. Well, that may be a bit extreme but it influenced my whole career.
Interesting and thanks for sharing. My father was picking cotton in the fields of south Texas as a child. My grandmother told him and his siblings that this would not be there future and like a good drill instructor, made sure they attended school each day and completed their homework in a timely manner.

If not for the strong enforcement of my grandmother, his life would have been quite different. My father did not have to push me as my grandmother pushed him, as I would sit diligently on my bed when I was a small child reading books to pass the time. If only I had audio books then!
Old 8th April 2011, 07:03 PM   #290
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Yes indeed. Another entry for the futuire 'Oops!' menu.

Sounds intriguing, and would set straight a lot of anecdotal stories about the issue.

jan
I doubt that.

Hide this!Advertise here!