New Linear Audio publication! - Page 22 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd March 2011, 02:28 PM   #211
diyAudio Member

Just curious, any chance that Erno Borbely or John Curl write articles for Linear Audio ?

Old 23rd March 2011, 02:34 PM   #212
diyAudio Member

Default foamed out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacco vermeulen View Post
Same routine here, the closer to salt water, the faster magic foam transforms to mummy dust.
Yep. I'd hate to count the millions of junked foam surround speakers with no surround!

OK - my sub. went in the inbox yesterday, Jan... I want to hear about some of these topics too!
Now, how about a poll for topics to distribute to authors - perhaps linked to a thread like this running between issues to discuss the merits?
Old 23rd March 2011, 03:05 PM   #213
forr is offline forr  France
diyAudio Member

Jan,

>I don't know about that Sokol circuit; can you send me something?

You got mail through Linear Audio.
Old 23rd March 2011, 03:29 PM   #214
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnferrier View Post
Just curious, any chance that Erno Borbely or John Curl write articles for Linear Audio ?

I asked Erno but it seems he's really retired now. Not that he hasn't earned it; he gave more to the diy (and pro) audio community than all of us combined probably.
JC doesn't strike me as an author, don't think he was ever in writing articles (although he did write AES papers at one time).
What I am looking for is articles with a high standard of technical competence and consistency, and having some element of novelty, like new ways of looking at things or new circuit concepts.

jan didden
Old 24th March 2011, 02:10 AM   #215
diyAudio Member

Quote:
In Sunspicious mole state there's 2 choices
As you aluded to, there is a third choice, dying from skin cancer. One of my former bosses died of melanoma at age 54, Sherri's mother has been battling it for 4 years, but will likely lose her battle this year. All of us spent too much time in the Florida sun. Forum member Allen Wright recently succumbed to the same evil cancer.

I have had numerous small cancers removed over the past 10 years, including one stubborn tumor that took 6 surgeries to get rid of. I used to have a small sailboat and worked the evening shift. I was at the beach almost every weekday morning. I think I'm permanently toasted.

Quote:
Yep. I'd hate to count the millions of junked foam surround speakers with no surround!
We sold those Jensen car speakers with the bright blue foam surround when I worked in a stereo store. When mounted on the rear deck of a car, they lasted 6 months to a year in the Florida sun. This pair lasted for 30+ years inside the house in a wood box. They finally suffered an overdose of Metallica. Note the 70's disco era Naugahyde and crushed velvet. The van that I drove back then had a similar interior design (Black Naugahyde and Blue velvet).

Quote:
Now, how about a poll for topics to distribute to authors - perhaps linked to a thread like this running between issues to discuss the merits?
How about "Lets act like kids and blow stuff up" or "How to get 20 watts from a 5 watt amp". Told you I refuse to grow up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6BQ6GA_cranked_b.jpg (72.1 KB, 216 views)
File Type: jpg BluRay_A.jpg (57.7 KB, 217 views)
File Type: jpg Speakers_A.jpg (190.8 KB, 216 views)
Old 24th March 2011, 06:01 AM   #216
diyAudio Member

Default Yechh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubelab.com View Post
The van that I drove back then had a similar interior design (Black Naugahyde and Blue velvet)...
OMG! 'nearly as bad as a van I used to moonlight doing lawns in back in the 70s. - Black Naugahyde with strawberry pink sateen lining - stone age Pioneer audio - fluffy pink carpet exterior - big cursive writing on the front:"The Pink Mouse" (apologies to our moderator) Sure, it had to be real cheap but you get the picture about not growin' up either, I guess.
Old 24th March 2011, 09:51 PM   #217
diyAudio Member

Jan,

I think you need to change your business model. Looking around these threads I think you should charge the authors to publish their work. It is called a vanity press for good reason.

ES
Old 24th March 2011, 11:43 PM   #218
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Simon says : start with me !
Old 25th March 2011, 08:01 AM   #219
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon7000 View Post
Jan,

I think you need to change your business model. Looking around these threads I think you should charge the authors to publish their work. It is called a vanity press for good reason.

ES
Your check is in the mail

jan
Old 25th March 2011, 08:43 AM   #220
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Finch View Post
- Black Naugahyde with strawberry pink sateen lining - stone age Pioneer audio - fluffy pink carpet exterior - big cursive writing on the front:"The Pink Mouse" (apologies to our moderator)
Me want!

(But I'd have to upgrade the stereo!)

Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?

Hide this!Advertise here!