New Linear Audio publication!

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Scott,

There is some superficial similarity in Samuel's overall topology but the detailed circuit is quite different. Your appendix is handy for those who would want to quickly throw something together to amplify their mikes. But Samuels article is very valuable for those who are looking for a full-fledged lab grade preamp (which would probably do pretty well as a mic preamp too) as well as the design choices and tradeoffs involved.

jan

Hi Scott,

There is some superficial similarity in Samuel's overall topology but the detailed circuit is quite different. Your appendix is handy for those who would want to quickly throw something together to amplify their mikes. But Samuels article is very valuable for those who are looking for a full-fledged lab grade preamp (which would probably do pretty well as a mic preamp too) as well as the design choices and tradeoffs involved.

jan

Forget it, just being overly sensitive to some of the threads that slowly unravel a circuits history. At some level they are all related to Demrow's 1968 "data amplifier".

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
New Linear Audio website

Well, after a lot of handwringing the new Linear Audio website is up at the same address www.linearaudio.net - home .
Since we couldn't migrate the account passwords all have been reset and each account should have received a private email with a temporary password.

If you get stuck or anything else doesn't seem to work please give me a heads up.

jan

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi
I am trying to order all 5 books but when I get to shipping stage I cant see any options ? if I proceed I get an error saying choose a shipping method.
Could you clarify please

Alan

Hi Alan,

Yes, I just found out about that. There is currently a shipping table in the webshop only for orders of 1 to 4 books.
Discussed it with my webmaster, will be fixed latest Monday.
Sorry for the confusion,

jan

Do you have a list of mailing costs to different parts of the globe ?
I couldn't find it on the web site. Does one have to go through a full purchase to see it ? On some sites it comes up only on the last step before actual purchase. Depends on how the site has been set up by the 'designer'.
Thanks.

Last edited: