New Linear Audio publication!

Phew! Another finished job - Linear Audio Volume 3 is on the streets now.
I am again impressed with the authors who stepped forward to deliver articles of great interest and expertise. There's so much technical and perception audio knowledge and experience floating around that it would be a shame to let it just drift.

See the Table of Contents attached.
Hope you like it (again!).

jan

I really took 24 pages?

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
What if one's backwards ?

(Ek es n baie gewigtig persoon, die aankondig van die nuwe boeksien per e-pos kry ek wel vier keer. Die elektroniese apparaat het te veel Amstel bier gesuip ?)

Well I had this email going out, it's a batch thing that my webshop does, and then it says: Server Connection broken. Cancel or Retry.
So I click 'Retry'. That happened a few more times. So apparently, some people have received the email 3 or 4 times, while I have no idea whether all have recieved it at least once.
Such are the stressfull days of a publisher ;-)

jan

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Scott Wurcer's recordings live at SY's residence

For those of you who can't wait: Linear Audio | Online Resources

The mic preamp Scott Wurcer developed in his articles in Vol 1 (Part I) and Vol 3 (Part II) were used to record a live concert at Stuart Yaniger's residence in Austin, TX in Nov 2011. I have placed two files online, and you can download them to listen to: the song 'An Army of Kittens' (a 15Mb(!) .flac) and a section of the subsequent applause (.wav). These are uncompressed files recorded in 24 bit / 96kHz.

These are excellent examples of the incredible realistic recordings that can be made with relatively simple means, with enough attention to detail.
Files are reproduced here with kind permission from the artist, Southpaw Jones.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
got my new Vol 3...

Ohboy...now that i was all into SEC CEN...along comes...Sigurd Ruschkowski, Erno Borbely and Karl Liander ..... with Regin, Fafnir and Volsung.

OOOOH gonna have happy days ahead testing all these with my Buffalo III :D:D:D

GREAT volume Jan

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Linear Audio in Budapest

The 132nd AES convention will be in Budapest end of this month, in the Novotel Convention Center.
I will have a little table top stand there, will have all Linear Audio pubs with me for browsing.
I will also have audioXpress and Elektor Magazine audio books, CDs and subscription deals as well.
Even if you don't spend anything, I'd be very happy for any member here to pass by and have a chat!
I will have some free exhibition passes to give out so contact me if you are interested.
Look me up!

jan

If you develop a PCB for the mic preamp, there might be quite some interest for a group buy...

jan

Jan, I have not seen Vol. 3 but the appendix I sent has an unfortunate similarity to Samuel's article. This was purely coincidence, I realized that I had used a low noise preamp for all my measurements but most folks have ordinary sound cards. I still think the trick for using only small film caps and still going sub 1Hz is worth publishing.