New Linear Audio publication!

O.k. I'm stupid (I think, and I am not alone :)) now I do own 2 copies of Volume 11 and no copy of Volume 12, that last is easily fixed but the first fact involves a bit more action.

Any takers? if you are in urgent need of a Volume 11, let me know (by PM) send me your address and I will send the Volume 11, just promis to send me the postage fee.

O.k. I'm stupid (I think, and I am not alone :)) now I do own 2 copies of Volume 11 and no copy of Volume 12, that last is easily fixed but the first fact involves a bit more action.

Any takers? if you are in urgent need of a Volume 11, let me know (by PM) send me your address and I will send the Volume 11, just promis to send me the postage fee.

There is a winner, the extra copy of Volume 11 is gone :)

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Jan, what does the future hold for AutoRanger and SuperSwitcher?

Will you be publishing a construction article about it? Giving away the Gerber files via free download? Selling kits? Selling finished units?

When will the answers become available?

Hi Mark,

I think I discussed that in the Quantasylum thread.

Definitely going for a kit for the autoranger, which will include a fully assembled SilentSwitcher. The kit will consist of the enclosure, punched, painted and lettered, two PC boards (control/display and ranging), the SilentSwitcher and a programmed controller. Projected cost around $ 150.

I may be able to arrange fully assembled units for those with an SMD-fobia :) but that may be around $ 400.

Probably separately SilentSwitcher for those who can use it; that will be fully assembled and tested because it is full SMD and some of the chips cannot be hand-soldered at all.

But still a few loose ends to tie up.
Maybe I will run it on Kickstarter as a sort of glorified group-buy?

Jan

mkc

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Jan,

Yes, please. It must be my old brain that can't get use to reading right page first and then left page followed by a page turn backwards. :eek: I'm willing to pay the shipment cost if that sounds fair to you?

The pages where put into the cover with the back up and therefore glued in the wrong side. Since I assume that they are all printed and glued in an automated process I would assume that it could be more than my copy that's wrong.

I can send you a picture if needed.

Thanks,
Mogens

Really? That's rare indeed. I hope... :mad:

No kidding, do you want me to send you a straight one?

Jan

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Jan,

Yes, please. It must be my old brain that can't get use to reading right page first and then left page followed by a page turn backwards. :eek: I'm willing to pay the shipment cost if that sounds fair to you?

The pages where put into the cover with the back up and therefore glued in the wrong side. Since I assume that they are all printed and glued in an automated process I would assume that it could be more than my copy that's wrong.

I can send you a picture if needed.

Thanks,
Mogens

I have a box at home and they are all OK. You are the first to report it so hopefully is was an exception.

I'll send another one.

Jan

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Mark,

I think I discussed that in the Quantasylum thread.

Definitely going for a kit for the autoranger, which will include a fully assembled SilentSwitcher. The kit will consist of the enclosure, punched, painted and lettered, two PC boards (control/display and ranging), the SilentSwitcher and a programmed controller. Projected cost around $ 150.

I may be able to arrange fully assembled units for those with an SMD-fobia :) but that may be around $ 400.

Probably separately SilentSwitcher for those who can use it; that will be fully assembled and tested because it is full SMD and some of the chips cannot be hand-soldered at all.

But still a few loose ends to tie up.
Maybe I will run it on Kickstarter as a sort of glorified group-buy?

Jan

Just signed an order for 50 enclosures. The plot thickens! :cool:

Jan

mkc

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Thanks, I guess you figured out my address consulting your user database or else let me know.

Let's hope it was a single occurrence. They must be put into to the gluing machine by hand then and this was just one of those things.

Cheers,
Mogens

I have a box at home and they are all OK. You are the first to report it so hopefully is was an exception.

I'll send another one.

Jan