New Linear Audio publication!

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Jan,

I just got my copies. Again it is all way over my head, but the pictures came out real nice! It seems no one else will ever know how much effort you put into that.

ES

Well I know you guys spend a lot of effort to write great articles, so the least I can do to do it justice is to make sure it comes out professionally.
I did my best, and I'm still learning. Vol2 will be even better ! ;)

jan

I can hardly see my lawn. [sick of snow]

My wife is in northern West Virginia. She got a white April fool joke dumped on her. On the same day we set record temperatures here, 92F. Most of our text messages on March 31 and April 1 couldn't be posted here due to the language used to discuss the white stuff, but it ended we me buying her a plane ticket to come home and thaw out for 10 days.

I spent last night with one eye focused on Vol 0 and the other focused on a basketball game. Now it looks like I need to explore the BestPentode circuit.

You might also want to check Burkhard Vogel's and Dave Kimber's comments to the BestPentode in their Letter to the Editor..............Yes, Best Pentode deals with partition noise but leaves 1/f noise untouched yet for most audio purposes it is 1/f noise which dominates.

My ADD often forces my mind to wander far away from what I am doing while I am doing it. I read this article and the whole concept of noise didn't even sink in. I am thinking driver stage where noise isn't a big deal. But I am thinking that the base of the transistor is a second input to the pentode and possibly a good place to inject some feedback from the output stage plate.

I plan to set up some experiments when I get the time.

Mr Simon,

that's an option for the reader.

If they happen to like you, your name can be added to the list in handwriting.
(If not, then Not. :clown:)

It took me a bit to notice it, I was wondering if anyone else would notice! So you get a gold star for your powers of observation.

Thanks. It really is of no importance and omitting it will probably just increase sales.