New Linear Audio publication!

marquee listing

Mr Simon,
not sure if the LA works are html compatible.

(you're familiar with the wisdom words of Matthew and Curl on pearls ?)

Attachments

• pig.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Pearly.jpg
    Pearly.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 202
Mr Simon,
not sure if the LA works are html compatible.

(you're familiar with the wisdom words of Matthew and Curl on pearls ?)

?

I don't quite follow you.

My comment is Jan pays the authors too much, many would do it for free, and some egos such as mine are large enough I would pay to be published but in that case I want to negotiate star billing. Of course I don't have to pay to get published as others don't seem to be willing to produce technical articles.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
?

I don't quite follow you.

My comment is Jan pays the authors too much, many would do it for free, and some egos such as mine are large enough I would pay to be published but in that case I want to negotiate star billing. Of course I don't have to pay to get published as others don't seem to be willing to produce technical articles.

Ed you remember that saying about sleeping dogs and all that? ;)

jan

Joined 2007
Paid Member
All I know is that when I'm headed back to Round Rock from my NRA meeting with my two toddlers (makes me upset that they still don't know how to handle a shotgun - but that's off topic), when I pass by SY's house the girls are just pouring out of the house.. and the loud music! Holy cow!! Well, end of rant...he just keeps bragging about those big bucks he makes as a contributor to LA!

(fyi - tongue firmly planted in cheek on the above!)

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
All I know is that when I'm headed back to Round Rock from my NRA meeting with my two toddlers (makes me upset that they still don't know how to handle a shotgun - but that's off topic), when I pass by SY's house the girls are just pouring out of the house.. and the loud music! Holy cow!! Well, end of rant...he just keeps bragging about those big bucks he makes as a contributor to LA!

(fyi - tongue firmly planted in cheek on the above!)

Yeah - he makes more from it than I do; I'm just trying to mop up the red ink :mad:

jan

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Jan, I feel your pain in those contract negotiations. It was so apparent when SY talks about pizza and his San Marzano tomatoes and tipo fino flour. San Marzanos?!? Who can afford them? Ouch!! (I've been sooo tempted to steal a few)

Happily I see my order is now being processed. Keep them coming, please! (that's no joke!)

Yeah - he makes more from it than I do; I'm just trying to mop up the red ink :mad:

jan

OK Jan,

You shamed me into actually paying for a copy! Of course I took the DIY discount.

You do know I am so cheap that I not only use one sheet of the free paper locally called the Pennysaver in the morning, but I let it dry and fold it over to use the other side the next day!

ES

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Very interesting. Good stuff on feedback; can we now insist that there are three amounts of feedback: none, insufficient and enough? (N.B. some designers call insufficient "modest").
[snip]

... and agree that it's never Too Much, of course ;)

[snip]Also interesting measurements on resistors and capacitors.

Yes. I must say, I am pretty proud of the crisp, sharp, AP plots in Ed's article.
I now probably know more about book design and layout than audio ....

jan

Last edited: