Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

New Linear Audio publication!
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd April 2017, 01:59 PM   #1121
astx is offline astx  Austria
diyAudio Member

Dear Jan,

I just realized that this was the last linear audio volume I have got/bought from you.
A sad day for me and all analog/linear audio DIYers.
Many thanks for your hard work as publisher and many thanks to all authors!

Toni
Old 23rd April 2017, 02:52 PM   #1122
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by astx View Post
Dear Jan,

I just realized that this was the last linear audio volume I have got/bought from you.
A sad day for me and all analog/linear audio DIYers.
Many thanks for your hard work as publisher and many thanks to all authors!

Toni
Well, there's a time for everything. It was as I wrote a great adventure and the way our authors stepped up and gave freely of their time and expertise was absolutely amazing.

This is a great hobby of ours and we need to keep it alive!

Jan
Old 10th May 2017, 04:12 PM   #1123
DouglasSelf is offline DouglasSelf  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I'm coming late to this thread, but I want to add my regret that Linear Audio has reached the end. It's a great loss, but I understand Jan's reasons.

I am proud to have made some contributions to it.

Jan, thanks for your initiative and all the hard work you did.
Old 10th January 2018, 10:19 PM   #1124
audiostar is offline audiostar  United States
diyAudio Member

Dear Jan,

This should be a sticky. Linear Audio has ended. Do the diyaudio community know about this? Last chance to buy. When it is gone it is gone.
Old 11th January 2018, 12:59 AM   #1125
Bob Cordell is offline Bob Cordell  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiostar View Post
Dear Jan,

This should be a sticky. Linear Audio has ended. Do the diyaudio community know about this? Last chance to buy. When it is gone it is gone.
I agree, this absolutely should be a sticky. There is a lot of really good material here.

Cheers,
Bob
Old 27th January 2018, 12:20 AM   #1126
dangus is offline dangus  Canada
diyAudio Member

How much to get them as PDFs?
Old 27th January 2018, 12:46 AM   #1127
RNMarsh is offline RNMarsh  United States
diyAudio Member

Thank you, Jan. It was by far the best audio mag. It will be missed. Now what? No where else to turn to?

Sorry for me but happy for you... to do what you enjoy most. And, stay in balance.

THx
-Richard Marsh

Last edited by RNMarsh; 27th January 2018 at 01:09 AM.
Old 15th March 2018, 11:13 AM   #1128
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member

Default My stock is drawing down...

Linear Audio stock is slowly drawing down... but don't fear!

You have been ordering single Volumes and Packages steadily, and I am now at the point where stocks are getting quite low. But I want to ensure availability of Volumes for those of you who want to stretch out getting the whole collection.

I am in the process of transferring all Linear Audio publications to Amazon.com. As of this moment, Volume 12 can only be ordered at Amazon, as my stock of V12 is zero.

Several other Volumes have already been transferred to Amazon as well, but I still have stock. Linear Audio orders are still somewhat cheaper than Amazon; and the Package deals are only available from Linear Audio anyway. The same goes for the Baxandall & Self and the Audio Power Amplifiers books.

There's no hurry; Linear Audio will always be available, although the best deals are there only as long as my stocks last.

Jan
Old 15th March 2018, 06:22 PM   #1129
jackinnj is offline jackinnj  United States
diyAudio Member

You could put out a Kindle "compendium" version -- I have "The Art of Electronics" both in hardbound and Kindle. Thus, you gain a perpetual revenue stream without the necessity of having a "fulfillment" operation.
Old 15th March 2018, 06:57 PM   #1130
Bob Cordell is offline Bob Cordell  United States
diyAudio Member

Unfortunately, Kindle is the fastest way to get your book pirated. The Kindle DRMs have been broken, and software is readily available that will cleanly and perfectly convert the Kindle file to PDF. Pirated versions of my book were available about 2 months after the Kindle version came out. Kindle versions of books have a different ISBN, so it is easy to tell that the pirated PDF originated from a Kindle file. Kindle is not the best platform for technical "reference" books anyway. Only 10% of all of my book sales were Kindle sales, but 100% of the pirated copies originated from the Kindle version.

Cheers,
Bob

New Linear Audio publication!Hide this!Advertise here!