New Linear Audio publication!

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
as soon I have some pocket money on my papadilipy account , I'll trow it in your direction ;)

just one question ( I think we discussed it in this thread already , but just in case ...) - are schematics and pics are now less "thumbnail" in quality ?

in first one I always feel urge to click on them , to invoke pop up of bigger one :rofl:

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
as soon I have some pocket money on my papadilipy account , I'll trow it in your direction ;)

just one question ( I think we discussed it in this thread already , but just in case ...) - are schematics and pics are now less "thumbnail" in quality ?

in first one I always feel urge to click on them , to invoke pop up of bigger one :rofl:

Haha! Yes, the illustrations are now bigger and more sharp. I'm listening and learning ;)

jan

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I agree, sometimes when going from electronic media to print, photo quality suffers.

Actually it's the other way around. What looks OK on screen is not good enough for print. Screen resolution is generally 72 dots per inch, while a printer wants at least 300 dpi. A lot of the work in making the bookzine goes into working with authors to get the best resolution illustrations from their simulators, schematic pacages etc.

jan

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I wondered whether when it sold me Vol 0 a few months ago it forgot to take it out of the basket? So when I came to buy Vol 1, it was still there. Possibly a cookie problem?

Not sure, but what has happened before if someone goes through the ordering process and then doesn't complete the payment, the selected volume remains in the cart until you return. I believe it's a feature actually ;)

jan

Yes, of course I would want the basket to stay intact. Could I have accidentally acquired two baskets, each with Vol 0 in, then bought from one of them and left the other sitting there until I bought Vol 1? As far as I remember I did all my buying from one computer, using one web browser (Firefox). However, I may have started the process (for Vol 0) on one day, then for some reason (I forget what it was) completed the next day - it was a few months ago and I have trouble remembering what I did yesterday!

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Not intentionally I can assure you! But I'll look into it. Thanks.

jan

why ?
that's clever !
:clown:

I wantsit buth where are the discount codes cupons?

Be nice to get one for returning customers and one for Diyaudio brothers.

Al

don't be such a greedy boy

or I'll ask janneman to send them all for free :rofl:

You were right, my article suffered from the re-write. However when I Google "IC holder foam notebook", I get nothing related, wait a year and I bet you find many hits claiming the idea.

I haven't ordered the books yet, but I am assuming that the foam notebooks are similar to something I did in the S-100 / SS-50 home computer era (mid 70's). I must warn the readers of the eventual outcome. After 20+ years of being embedded in foam and south Florida humidity most of the IC's lost their legs. Some of the foam became rather crumbly too. It was no big deal losing a few hundred old TTL and LS series chips, but losing my collection of Mostek MK50240 top octave dividers sucked.....Until I got the idea of soldering the stubby remains of the chips onto some machine pin IC sockets.

Maybe most normal people don't keep things forever, but I still have my collection of germanium PNP transistors from high school. Great for making guitar fuzz boxes.