dumbest question ever i.e. equipment sequence

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Please don't send restless sheep to haunt my nights-for this is a dumb question.

I have recently ordered a T-amp (previously only owned consumer elecs) If I understand correctly, I could also get a CD-transport (hilly CDP-1) and a DAC (hilly DAC-01) to feed the T-amp and have a faily functional system.

I understand there are endless combinations of quality/tweeks/potions involved with putting together a "great" system. My question is meant to find out if I'm at least on the right track to understanding a basic layout.

Thanks to all

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Correct! You are on the right path and in the right direction. :D

What you may be lacking is some easy way to switch to another source, radio, tape, games, etc. And you will not have a phono input, if that is important to you.

But the basic "listen to a CD" is there, for sure. You don't even have to get the DAC, but it probably sounds better than the CD player itself. At least one would hope so!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.