DIY Audio Girls!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No, DIY Audio Girls aren't a slick new pop trio. Calm down, boys. Get a grip. Settle.

It's Friday night. I've just finished a hard week's work. I've got a couple of Jim Beams inside me and I've got a very serious question. Earthshakingly serious. How serious? Well, imagine you've got a nasty, pounding hangover; you're hugging the toilet bowl and you're making all sorts of ridiculous promises to God if he'll only take Mr Pain away. Yep, that serious.

Here it is.

The question:

Um.... how many chicks are on the the DIYAudio forum?

Mmm?

C'mon, girls, let's have it! Identify yourselves! Please....

Mos

im a garlie whenever i feel like dressing up like one, just like my dear papa.:)

I know one female who enjoyes fiddling with DIY electronics, I have tried to persuade her into DIYAUDIO, but to no avail.
But she´s a little bit interested in loudspeakers, she would like to have a new pair , so I sugggested the Proac clones to her

what children we could have ! children who could measure the frequency response of a loudspeaker before they could walk!

/rickard

I must admit I do think it's an interesting question.

Look how many times the question of SAF is mentioned. How many of us men have to compromise our hi-fi kit for the pleasures of female companionship?

Most women seem to want speakers that fit into a room. What a strange idea - we'd happily settle for a room that fits into the speakers.

So, let the women come forward (if there are any out there). Let's get a female perspective.

Steve

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
elizard said:
wow, of the 6000+ members ... no girls?
amazing! :)

At least 3 are...

Of all my eBay hifi sales only 1 has been to a female... she works for the/a Taiwanese broadcasting company and got a set of old KEF B139s. Female hifi DIYers are rare.

My wife sells into the DIY clothing field and althou predominantely women, she does have quite a few male clients (and corporate clients)

dave

"Well, we do have the PassLabs Diva Karen..."

Correct, yes she supplies us lucky chaps with all those nice parts

There are some keen female electronic engineers around but perhaps their create side is more interested in other things.

You will probably find the girls are more interested in making babies than amps and speakers. Hint Hint.

macka

:)

and don't forget Doreen

Also, it would be remiss of me (not to say surprising to the rest of you) if I failed to mention Doreen Bance, the designer of Bandor drive units.

Is she the world's only female drive unit manufacturer?

... and very good units they are too (if I haven't mentioned it before).

Steve

Well, what a bunch of interesting replies, especially from the humourless couple who thought I was immature and should grow up a bit for having the politically-incorrect temerity to ask such a misogynistic question.

Oh, dear, oh, dear... LOOSEN UP, already! Perhaps we should also get rid of the little country flags and personal profile links and just call each other Brother or Comrade. Mmm?

Anyway, to all the chicks out there, whoever and wherever you are, HI!

Mos

i think i remember reading in Stereophile a woman designed
the La Luce Turntable.... ah ha! yes, i was right... Googled it.

La Luce is a low energy storage, direct coupled,
non-suspended design by Judith Spotheim-Koreneeff, of
Eindhoven, in The Netherlands. It is driven by a stand-alone
motor.

beautiful, very expensive, turntable :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.