outdoor pool sound - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th July 2010, 03:38 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default outdoor pool sound

I am attempting to have fix the sound in both a shop and outdoors by the pool. Right now all speakers are hooked up to the speaker ports on the tuner part, but the sound in the shop is much louder than out by the pool. To solve this problem, and to also add a microphone out by the pool to talk over the radio, I purchased an amp where I can control the sound outside separately from the sound inside the shop. Currently we have a Yamaha HTR-6130 sound unit and an 80 Watt amp. When the amp is on the volume level is set betweek -6 to 0 dB (beginning to max out) and over time the amp shuts down and stops playing music. My main question is will purchasing a bigger amp (200-300 watts) solve this problem, or is there something else that I can do.

Thanks for any help,

smdock
Old 13th July 2010, 04:23 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

is the amp getting hot and protecting itself by shutting down. Are the speakers you are using fall within the spec for the amp? Some amps have settings if you are using 4 ohm or 8 ohm speakers, are the speaker cables frayed and rubbing on anything? Are all the speakers inside and outside on at the same time?
Old 13th July 2010, 10:56 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

the speakers inside and out all run at the same time, and i'm pretty positive that the outside speakers are 8 ohms. the wiring is run in parallel and aren't frayed or rubbing. right now they are hooked up to just the tuner part (yamaha unit) and work fine. it also works when hooked to the amp but only for about an hour. if i just got a larger amp wouldn't this give more power and sound so that the decibels aren't as high and maxing out?
Old 23rd July 2010, 03:06 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Sounds like the load impedance is too low for the amp and it is also being overdriven.

Hide this!Advertise here!