outdoor pool sound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am attempting to have fix the sound in both a shop and outdoors by the pool. Right now all speakers are hooked up to the speaker ports on the tuner part, but the sound in the shop is much louder than out by the pool. To solve this problem, and to also add a microphone out by the pool to talk over the radio, I purchased an amp where I can control the sound outside separately from the sound inside the shop. Currently we have a Yamaha HTR-6130 sound unit and an 80 Watt amp. When the amp is on the volume level is set betweek -6 to 0 dB (beginning to max out) and over time the amp shuts down and stops playing music. My main question is will purchasing a bigger amp (200-300 watts) solve this problem, or is there something else that I can do.

Thanks for any help,

smdock

is the amp getting hot and protecting itself by shutting down. Are the speakers you are using fall within the spec for the amp? Some amps have settings if you are using 4 ohm or 8 ohm speakers, are the speaker cables frayed and rubbing on anything? Are all the speakers inside and outside on at the same time?

the speakers inside and out all run at the same time, and i'm pretty positive that the outside speakers are 8 ohms. the wiring is run in parallel and aren't frayed or rubbing. right now they are hooked up to just the tuner part (yamaha unit) and work fine. it also works when hooked to the amp but only for about an hour. if i just got a larger amp wouldn't this give more power and sound so that the decibels aren't as high and maxing out?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.