DIY surge suppressor?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey all!

so here is the dilemna...

i have a relatively nice system for my home theatre and main listening system. im starting to really like it and get really into it. however, im upgrading the power cables and stuff now, but i cant afford the higher end power strips or surge suppressors. i can get monster products at 60% off, but their plugs arent that nice, so my power cords wouldnt really benefit all that much plugged into them.

anyone have any ideas how to make a simple surge suppressor/line filter that could use a nice power cord as the extension? basically and audiophile line tap with surge.

yeah, i saw yours. i was thinking a little more simplistic.

actually, i think im going to get one of these for about $100:

http://www.monstercable.com/power/productPagePower.asp?pin=1020

ill take it an add NICE plugs to the back (you can easily add a hospital grade outlet), and then add an IEC to it, because their power cord is just a glorified bundled cable. i think that would be pretty cool. i like the component look, and the number of plugs, filtering, etc... i just dont like the cheap outlets, and the power cord.

would this work well?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.