steampunk Millett Hybrid

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
here is something I've been working on...I have a lot of details to add but this is the basic idea...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I haven't had much time to work on the steamer, but I have the panels all sanded and a couple of coats of polyurethane on them...I was able to fab up a little copper tray to hold the gears and I was able to cut and polish the top accent panel... here is a look...
DSC_0780.jpg

DSC_0781.jpg

DSC_0786.jpg

DSC_0789.jpg

DSC_0792.jpg

a quick update, I am still working on the amp and I have made some progress...here is a few pictures...

loving the faceplate!!! you've given me a great idea there, the volume 'knob' is whack!! isn't it a bit awkward for fine control though?

there is a Alps blue velvet pot behind there, it moves fairly normal. I haven't finished the amp yet so I'm not sure if its going to be a problem. I am hoping not.

Thank you all for the kind comments...

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I suppose you've seen this amp?
Steam Amp With Speakers 02 by *AEvilMike on deviantART
Doesn't have the sweet plaque and handle that yours does, but he did a great job. The speakers are very cool.

And also these from our very own forum:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/133490-need-good-drivers-copper-speaker-cabinet.html

Hope they offer you some inspiration for your cool project. :up:

wow, that amp is fabulous...the copper speakers are too. Mine started out to be somewhat simple and just sorta grew into a monster...I have dozens of hours sanding, varnishing, fabricating...now etching. Not to mention the amp board and wiring. I actually enjoy building stuff and it seems this project is in danger of some serious mission creep...

there is a Alps blue velvet pot behind there, it moves fairly normal. I haven't finished the amp yet so I'm not sure if its going to be a problem. I am hoping not.

Thank you all for the kind comments...

i meant whack in a good way btw, it looks excellent and very fitting (oh god, sorry no pun intended:eek:), i just wasn't sure of the ability to do the light finger touch that can be needed for headphones.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.