Items for "Listening with your heart", components, parts etc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone I was inspired to ask about this because of reading about Klipsch La Scala.

The idea is what components are or parts do you know of or use to make the music more appealing to the ears at even a potential loss to more objective qualities.

I mention the Klipsch La Scala because they fail at imaging and other traditional measures of quality, but offer something else.

Personally I just threw back in some capacitors I inherited from a fellow on the board - they are IAR Wondercaps - into my volume control and bypassed by 4.7uf BG N pre-attenuator. They make everything much more pleasant to the ear. They are also 20% +/- and somehow with some music increase imaging and other maybe subtract. However right now I am enjoying the increase in believability of the music itself.
There is a chance that they are these capacitors, but I am not using them like the recommend and am not sure why I would, if putting them in signal line does the same? Regardless I got no idea how inline capacitors can make something better, but they do.

Wonder Infinicap audio capacitor

My system sounds pretty good otherwise.
Source: ADCOM 525 (modified with some BG N's for crystal and other places, but I am suspecting that screwed up loading tray is killing my music because the rest of the system is capable of so much more than it lets through, I get weird noise from burned discs sometimes or they do not play. I am thinking I may replace it with the first DVD player at Goodwill I find or something.)

DAC: Audiosector premium

Volume Control: Ebay Dale resistor stepped attenuator (real happy with it)

Amplifier: Audiosector premium

Power Conditioner: Custom and the most important thing in my system and for others I made one for, period. The base of everything.

Speakers: Hawthorne OB's with Obbligato Premiums, and Mills resistor, dampening, screentonomy etc. Dual Dayton subwoofers in large ported boxes.

All of that and two little capacitors makes the experience much more pleasurable.

What kind of things do it for you, the things that you can not get away from no matter what they do to other qualities of your system?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.