Digital MultiMeter?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just bought a new Fluke 179. Still, my Fluke 8000A is more accurate. I tested my Sound Technology ST 1701A with the 8000A and the ACV are spot on. THe 1701A is VERY accurate.
Following the manual of the 1701A and doing the '0 Meter Adjust' 150 mV, ect on the meter reads exactly 150 mV on the 8000A. 147.5 mV on the 179. I know in reality this is a non issue, but it's nice to be exact.:D

I'll try to get a hold of some 1% resistors and have a go at it.
Can't beat the Bench Top DMM.

these work well, for starters.

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
Those work well if you only work on low voltage and low current circuits and do not care about accuracy. I still have a scar on my arm when I used one of those cheap meters to measure a PC power supply with the meter accidentally set for amps. Those thin probe wires will melt almost instantly in a short circuit.

EEVblog #75 – Digital Multimeter Buying Guide @ EEVblog – Electronics Engineering Video Blog

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.