Large photos on the forum. Good or bad?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I try to make some research yet this in a case.
With a strange look onto the dial-in contact.

Wacky

Attachments

• VU_thumbnail.JPG
    VU_thumbnail.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 275
  • VU_middle_size.JPG
    VU_middle_size.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 266
  • VU_actual_size.JPG
    VU_actual_size.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 248
I picked it out some old dial-in internet contact to the testing.
That's right, not only the thumbnail, but the picture behind it gets downloaded in the background, automatically.
Without a question.
If would be available in the forum software in order for the thumbnail to be only downloaded automatically, this would be the right solution.
In the case of dial-in contact.

Problem is that sometimes it's very nice to see the details in full size.
It becomes somewhat annoying when a whole series of consecutive links to full blown images are posted, e.g. the ones by LGreen.
I'm on a 4Mb/s speed connection myself, those images must be a bitch for 3Kb dial-up members.

Gyuri, my congratulations on the verbal improvement front.

Hello

Here in remote location mountains, we can't have high speed, so at low speed, wen some threads show lot of big photos of many kind, it's too long for me to wait, so I get out of those threads.

I agree that some times we need to show photos with details of the inside of an amp, but the guys should be educate how to chose the right photos and to resize it to the right size and, if possible, to show photos who are relate to the subject of the thread, or at least, with all off topic photos, the guys should resize it to a small size files.

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.