Ozzy show in montreal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yesterday I was at the Ozzy Osbourne show in Montreal and I was wondering, how could such a popular and rich band have such poor sound... bass was good, mids were bad, very very bad, it sounded like a overdriven mid driver and lets not talk about the high's... I could not undestand what people were saying when not singing, imagine when they sang...
A awsome guitar solo from Zack Wald (correct?) was ruined because of that.

From what I could see, there were microphones infront of the main speakers (very small compared to the main bigger ones) and the signal from the microphones was fed trough amps to the enormous speakers, wich sounded like a low quality overdriven clock radio. So beside a head ache because of the sound (and the Marijuana people were smoking in there!!!) I have this hearing loss mainly due to the spikes in the mids and highs.

On top of all, I was really close to the main stage.

I was wondering, this sound presure levels can't be good for my hearing.

Anyway, I had my lesson. Only outdoor live shows from now on to avoid room resonances and maybe something quieter. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.