Any Par-Metal Chassis Owner's out there? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th April 2010, 04:10 PM   #11
Bengali is offline Bengali  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obe1 View Post
Hi Bengali,

A) Thanks for the response, and B) sorry to hear of all your grief.

I too live on the west coast, so I can appreciate what it's like dealing with some outfits on the east coast.

Please stay in touch.
Hi Obe1,

Parmetal sent me brand new replacements, the finish is much better, paint does not rub off but still has issues with adhesive. while removing the bubble wrap, it was taped with shipping tape. I got some shipping tape onto the chassis and it just leaves a horrible residue. I used some goo off per other poster and removed it. it probably would benefit from a clear coat though anodized should not have this problem.

does show they provide excellent service with replacements, no hassles.

hope that helps.

take care.
Old 6th April 2010, 06:43 PM   #12
Obe1 is offline Obe1  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Bengali,

Good to hear that the company got things resolved to your satisfaction.

Thanks for the update!

Take care,

Obe1
Old 19th July 2010, 03:36 AM   #13
Strosek is offline Strosek  Canada
diyAudio Member

I just want to add that for what it's worth I have also purchased a chassis from Par and dealt with John directly and was very happy with his service and product!

I've also purchased about a dozen torroidal transformers for them and found them but be top notch! I was going to say for the money but no they're very good and I've been very happy with there performance! I find that the best way to do business with him is just to call directly!
Old 20th March 2012, 03:48 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

I just received my custom Par-Metal chassis today and WOW they did a great job! John was great to deal with. I wanted a series 20 case, but in a size they don't carry stock, and with vent holes moved etc etc plus custom front and rear panels. John was VERY accommodating!! I sent in detailed autocad drawings and they made a 20 series case to my exact size 17"x14"x5" and moved all the vent holes around they way i wanted and did an excellent job on all the holes and everything! very very nice product for a reasonable price!

I ordered the plain unfinished aluminum case and looks great! I too have ordered some of the Antek toroid and have had very good luck with everything from them! there communication was very good, they sent a tracking number when the item shipped and they quoted a 2 week lead time and had it done in 1 week!

AWESOME!

Zc
Old 26th November 2012, 04:47 PM   #15
KBK is offline KBK  Canada
diyAudio Member

I do as well concur with the service from John, at parmetal, and the results from both Parmetal and Antek. I have ordered custom cases more than a few times and also ordered stock item cases. I have also ordered at least 20 of their Toroidal transformers.

Not a single misstep in anything, so far.

Hide this!Advertise here!