Button Batteries - Serious Consequences for Toddlers
Serious Consequences for Toddlers
Last week I heard a sad story about a young couple that lives out here in my neighborhood whose toddler was critically ill and had undergone radical removal of a section of her esophagus from a partially swallowed Lithium Button Battery. First it seemed bazaar: But then I saw this CBS report this morning..
.....the shear number of occurrences are stark. 3,500 cases each year. .......2 hours to produce a form galvanic corrosion even with a 'dead' battery that is commonly non-diagnosed........
To all the young or old parents and grandparents; anyone/anywhere..with .....'young ones' .....Take a full accounting of all these 'cells' that may exist or enter the environment.... and especially the many devices that use them.
Button Battery Danger - CBS News Video
|All times are GMT. The time now is 09:55 PM.|
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2015 diyAudio