DIY Schumann resonator?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well the first tests were positive.
The function gen erator driving about .2vRMS into anti-parallel windings of a transformer.I also had a volume control to vary output which made some difference.
I have not tried blind testing but I am reasonably confident that I can tell if the thingy is on by listening to music.
I will try different coils and outputs.
Very pleased with the result.

Bingo.

Try blind testing.

No problem. Even sceptically persons fell listening music difference.

I even test sleep testing. On the morning I could say if generator was running during the night or not. I'm not a good sleeper and I fell more calm when generator is on.

One of my son needs many hours to find sleep. He turn and return in his bed. Since I put the last version of my Schumann generator, He sleeps quickly!
He don't know anything about generator, it's very comfortable for his parents :blush:

Last edited:
Bingo.

Try blind testing.

Watch out for unexpected side effects of scalar fields. You might start liking different music. (note: Tom Bearden on left)

Attachments

• Rhythm%20Harmoneers.jpg
    Rhythm%20Harmoneers.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 951
My first impression was that the music was louder subjectively almost by 1-2db.Soundstage deeper mainly but also more forward (loudness impression) with increased or clearer bass.Warmer more natural overtones.More focus.Better flow.
In some respects it reminds of changes by using good power conditioning or dedicated line .It is subtle but clearly better in all respects.
Funny thing though is trying to measure output on the coil.

one of my friends has two small Chinese built units (I don't know the name, no markings) into which I installed a larger coil made from 30 gage wire oblong 4 X 6 inches. When we installed the new coil into one of the units and placed the unit back into his system along with the stock unit. We noticed an improvement overall with the addition of the unit with the larger coil as dramatic as what we had heard when he had first tried one unit for the first time. The interesting thing was that when we switched off the unit with the larger coil (the stock coil unit was still running) it was as if we had only one unit on and that it had been turned off, even though there was still a stock unit running. Switching off the stock unit while the one with the larger coil was on had almost no noticeable affect. So the larger coil made a big difference in output so much so it totally overshadowed the effect of the smaller coil in the stock unit.
Larger coil (antenna) results in larger radiation area of the transmitted signal. Higher voltage driving the coil and you get a louder signal and more range of the transmitted signal. I don't know where the line is for enough and too much. I have since replaced the coil in my friends second unit and now both have 4 X 6 inch coils installed and he seems quite happy.

We:ll I just finished the first of two cylindrical coils. This one is a bifilar coil that has a core of small cylindrical neo magnet slugs about 3/8 long and a little under a 1/4 inch in dia. the length is about 3 inches long. The coil is about 3/4 of an inch in diametre overall wound with 30 gage magnet wire. This is installed in a friends Chinese generator box and seems to be working fine but I want to have a look at the wave form on the scope some time this weekend.
I will build another coil like this one but not bifilar. That will give me two similar coils one bifilar to make Scalar waves the other magnetic then we can compare the different coils in his two generators and get an idea of how each type performs.

Last edited:
Ok this unit has been running for a while and is very smooth feeling so smooth I was kind of worried that the coil might be loading down the oscillator so much that it might not be working at all or at a much reduced level. That was my conscious worry but It felt like it was fine. Well I got the unit to my friends place and we hooked it up to the scope. The unit runs perfectly and the interesting part is that the sine wave out put is perfectly symmetrical. Now with the stock coil and the 4 inch round coil and the 4 x 6 inch oblong coil (all bifilar) the wave form was fine for the first 90 degrees then badly deformed for the next 90 degrees then back to fine then deformed. So I was surprised that with the largest coil by far the wave form is totally smooth all 360 degrees. This is a much more relaxed feeling unit now there is no edge and I can forget that it is even on. I will build up a similar sized magnetic coil and install that one into this same unit and use a switch so that I can switch between the bifilar coil and the magnetic coil and will report back with what I find at that time. Best regards Moray James.

Last edited:
Hello Moray,
I follow this post with much interest.
I've done my schumann resonator monhs ago with a dual opamp: the oscillator was the easiest part but the antenna was a mistery for me, because I have no experiences in radiated fields.
In my device I used a simple 10 inches diameter coil made by 200 meters of 30awg enameled copper wire -no bifilar, simply spiral.
What I obtained is a magnetic coil connected with the circuit via a bypass capacitor (200uF) in series and a resistor to keep the output load not too low.
The sine waveform looks symmetrical and good but non perfect.
When I power the unit on I can feel in a few seconds a very little whistle in my head, a strange hiss together with the sensation of freshness of mind, certainly something not so good to keep on during sleeping.
I have to try the bifilar coil even if I don't understand what I radiate with a bifilar spiral (for sure I don't radiate a magnetic field).
Best Regards Roberto

Hey Roberto: thanks for the post. Just wondering if you have played with the values of the cap and resistor that couple your coil? I am also curious to know what voltage you are running your output stage at and if you can ascertain how wide a range or transmission you are getting. I am interested in in a design that will cover the area of a whole house rather than just one room sized area.
I am sure that there would be interest in your circuit if you care to post it along with comments. I have found a number of different circuits but I am not an electronic builder so I have no reference to know which might be better suited. Regards Moray James.

When I power the unit on I can feel in a few seconds...
I made some test this evening (now exactly). It seems that 10 seconds are necessary to feel the full benefit of the generator (power off to power on).
We need same duration to feel the full effect of switching off the generator (power on to power off).

If you made some test, take your time :)

Hello Moray,
I am interested in in a design that will cover the area of a whole house rather than just one room sized area.
The position of generator is very important. Putting generator in high position is better (on the top of a shelf for example). Putting generator near equipments is not a good idea. Prefer a distance of two or three meters, the result is more homogeneous.
The ideal position seems to be in the center of the house on the highest floor.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.