DIY Schumann resonator?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Getting back to real Schumann Resonances, I saw the show on US TV PBS network (Public Broadcast System, NOVA science show. The Schumann Resonances are caused by the some 9 million lightning strikes per day (world wide)

"At the Edge of Space"
'Can scientists unravel the mysterious phenomena that lurk between Earth and space?'
Aired June 18, 2014 on PBS

a brief quote from the transcript:

NARRATOR: The antenna Williams is using measures a very low frequency wave, like a steady hum, that resonates between the earth and the ionosphere.

EARLE WILLIAMS: When a sprite occurs, the lightning that causes the sprite sends waves in that thin cavity around the world two or three times, and it is exciting something called the Schumann Resonances. And the Schumann Resonances is a manifestation of what we call the A.C. global circuit.

NOVA | At the Edge of Space

No mystery there for a long time, Schumann calculated it in 1952 just a BIG cavity resonance excited by BIG sparks.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
It took 197 postings to point to the source of longitudinal and scalar wave occultism.
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konstantin_Meyl
I stumbled over this stuff several years ago, I contacted the faculty in Germany wher Prof Dr Meyl is working:http://www.hs-furtwangen.de/studier...-engineering/service-kontakt/professoren.html

I can tell you that "longitudinal waves" "neutrino power" "scalarl waves" etc are definitely pure nonsense.
There exist some youtube videos as well where Prof Dr Meyl talks to esoteric circles ... I will no further comment on that:mad:

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Tesla was certainly a genius.
Prof Dr Meyl publishes and produces nonsense.
As I was interested in 1.hand information in that case, I wrote to Prof. Dr. Ing. Robert Hönl, who confirmed in a posting dated 2010-04-20 that Prof Dr Meinl is still working at Furtwangen University and that the univerity keeps distance to his private activities outside his job.
None of his theories have ever been proven.
A good explanation is given (german) here:
http://www.xy44.de/skalar/

Last edited:
@ voltwide

Thanx for the link/s. Interesting !

People like him though, do stimulate others into thinking/researching etc "out of the box" Which isn't a bad thing. In fact it can lead to new ideas/inventions etc = :)

Lots of people over the years were once called crazy etc, but later turned out to be right :D I'm not saying he is, but !

Is it really the Schumann frequency?

I would like to suggest instead of using fixed frequency 7.83 Hz sources, people might want to investigate variable frequency sources. Most of us will have these in frequency generators, computer soundcards, and MP3 players. My ears on my system tell me 20 to 80 Hz has more benefit. My antenna was a PC board from ebay: Schumann Resonator Chartres Coil with Flower of Life PCB Board | eBay. This is around 10 ohms and soldering a 25 ohm resistor is series brought resistance into a range that I was comfortable that something that can drive typical headphones wouldn't have a problem driving the antenna.

A demo of the Synergistic Research Atmospere system at the 2014 Rocky Mountain Audio Fest got me interested in this direction. This system uses appears to me to use different combination of frequencies that are packaged in user selectable modes such as "atmospheric", "intimate", etc. The differences in modes was not that hard to tell. I have yet to generate multi-frequency signals though.

Has anyone seen any tests that show the field strength (electric) produced by these devices. There probably so small they can't be measured. Transmitter Antenae efficiency is proportional to the length of the antenae divided by the wave length. The wave length is about 10,000 kilometres. Do the math.

I own several audio systems. Diy amps, tube amps and factory.
Most of the time running on scan speak monitor speakers.

The effects are the same on each audio system. I'am talking about
space on stage. The stage is bigger and deeper, and de focus on musicians is better.
The effect takes a while when you switch it on and off. So an A/B test is not working.

One very strong effect is the reaction of my parrots. When i play music they always
get loud. They sing and whisstle above the music. When i turned the resonator on,
they become calm and quiet. So i can realy enyoy the music.

Maybe this is all my illusion of even placebo, but it worked for me, and i miss it every day.

The reason i sold it is financial. I wanted to buy a new one, but now i have seen the
building costs, i want to build it myself. Most of the parts is have in house.

When I began researching the Schumann resonance, I originally referenced this thread, so I am bringing new findings here. I have built every prototype listed in this thread. In my personal experience, none of these circuits work. In some cases, they are only supplying picoamps of current to the bifilar coil. Driving such a weak signal surely broadcasts nowhere and certainly cannot affect humans - cosmic radiation has more energy.

In order to properly build a Schumann resonator, you must drive 2 signals through each end of a bifilar coil. For example one frequency could be 1000 hz, and the other would be 1007.8 hz. The 1000 Hz wave cancels in the bifilar coil and the result is a 7.83 hz wave. This is exactly how binaural beats work. The catch is that the signals must be driven precisely in tune with each other - meaning that the phase must be corrected actively during operation.. In this configuration, it is easy to use a power mosfet to switch significant current through the bifilar coil.

I will not say more as I do not wish to reveal my complete design at this time. Good luck :)

Edit: Subjectively speaking, my wife and I display enhanced behaviors that would be considered to be Alpha brain wave activity. AKA "closed eye relaxation." Perhaps this mental state allows us to better appreciate music?

Last edited:
Hi shawth0rn3

I have a few self wound bifilar coils laying around and would be interested in getting them to work as Schumann generators.

Can you share any info on the dimensions of the bifilars and the wire gauges you've used to see if I can reuse my coils?

I'm interested in the circuit diagram as well but it is obviously up to you to share it at the appropriate moment.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.