Using a 5" TV to view DirecTV song titles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I use DirecTV for music (now SonicTap) in my shop, but I don't like to fire up my projector just to see the song titles. Used to be that Sirius/XM provided music to DirecTV and they often had DJs that would announce the tunes - at least on my personal fave, "Symphony Hall". After the SonicTap change I was often wondering, "hey, who is that?", etc...

Sitting in the corner of my shop was a "JEEP" brand emergency radio/tv/lantern thingy. So I cannabalized it into THIS!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Now I can see the titles, and can also enjoy the crazy look that some spare time (thanks recession) and scrap Walnut can provide.

I'm running a Carver TC-17 preamp into a Carver TFM15-CB amp. Vinyl rides on an old JVC direct drive QL-A2 turntable, and DVDs and CDs run in some Magnavox box.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

L/R Speakers are homebuilt 2way ported boxes with Audax drivers. The baffles are two large - if I did them over I'd turn 'em sideways, but they sound very good in my shop - which is a very lumpy room from the midbass
down. I also have a 12" NHT sub in a 2CF sealed box with a 200W plate amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.