How long is yours ?

Signature length, how long or no signature.

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Trim this!

I thought we were limited to two lines. Seems fine to me. I have two lines and have not been asked to trim. We shouldn't be asked to trim anyway, this should be hard coded limitation of the board.

As long as people can't put distracting animations and big retarded image "logo" things in their signature, I'm happy.

Mine was cut off before birth !!

I got a message before posting to say it was too big.

Andy

You can always make it bigger
and have a lot of lines
but you have to cheat a bit
and may have to retype it
if you forget to save the text.
But you can have lots of emoticons in it.
messes up the pictures etc though!!

How many of you have received the email from our glorious leader asking you to trim your signature ?

I got the message, my sig was 17 letters with three spaces and an emoticon.
I'd say that was rather unusual ;) was it in any way offensive? :confused:

No-one has asked me to shorten mine. If i remember correctly Vbulletin V3 allows for up to 10 lines & 1000 characters as a signature unless Admin has modified it. That includes all characters on a hyperlink though, so things can soon get kind of packed out. 6 or more links could easily use up that 1000 characters :D

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
970 users who had more than 2 carriage returns (lines) in their signature got sent the message yesterday that in one week, all signatures longer than 2 lines will be deleted.

I manually checked several hundred to make sure the algorithm I used was returning correct results, and didn't see any signatures in the 970 I generated that were 2 lines or less.

Apparently a number of member thought they were being singled out, this is not the case. There will be no more signatures longer than two lines in 5 days from now, so please take the next few days to leisurely calculate how you can best express yourself in two lines, of maximum 130 characters each.

If you got this message in error, I'm sorry, and be aware that you might need to rebuild your signature a week from now.

Last edited:
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I have no problems with that whatsoever :)

Can i just ask if the character count has been lowered though also?

Thanks in advance for any answer ;)

It's two lines, which can be of up to 130 characters in length. That may or may not include VBcodes, haven't tested that.

Signature Soft-Linebreak Character Limit
When counting the number of lines in a signature, this setting controls the number of characters that can be displayed before text wraps in the browser and is displayed as multiple lines. Once this value is surpassed, the run of text will be counted as multiple lines.

The value in this setting should be based on the number of normal-sized characters. Other sized characters will be scaled appropriately to this setting.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.