From there to here

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
with the hypex amps and a dedicated computer build around a powerhouse of an asus motherboard, an i7 processor, 2TB of disc space, an ATI all in wonder HD videocard and an M-audio 1010LT soundcard with balanced input from the phono preamp.

before
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

after
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

the Machine that does it all

The Amp

I guess there go my audiophile credentials out of the window, but I can control everything from the microsoft display on my TV, running XP, and the capture program audacity for creating files from the LP's (sampling 40kHz and 32 bits floating. The videocard lets me listen to the FM stations as good as the technics did - there are only five available anyway, no big deal.

As I had wireless internet already in my house, I can now also browse any audio and video site and play it directly through the soundcard.

Satisfies my needs, and the hypex amps are running in bridged mode, with a filterered (@50Hz) outlet to a "bash" amp on the isobarik subs. SPDIF from the soundcard directly to the amps, analogue to the sub woofer amp.

Plays very loud and very clean, I do not miss my Bryston amps and eliminated about a mile af mostly xlr cabeling.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.