audio cable DIY HELP PLEASE!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi, i have a ipod touch and i have a application on it called FourTrack which allows me to record for different tracks and mix them togeather. Guitar, vocals, drums etc. Most people use a microphone for recording but this minimises quality so i thought id make a plan. So i made a lead. It has a 2.5mm 4 pole plug that plugs into the ipod (microphone, R and L Audio and GND) and then a 6.5mm Female mono plug connected to the microphone and GND side. Then i have a seperate lead connected to the R and L Audio and to the same GND. But when i record and play back it plays through the microphone as well as the earphones plugged in :S and other weird things happen when i plug in and unplug the input source and the earphones. I was woundering how apple have made the earphones with the built in microphone which works perfectly. What about cutting the mic out and putting in a female plug for the input?

ANY IDEAS? Please, i have spent so much money on plugs and stuff trying to make this lead work correctly

Thanks..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.