Forum rules please - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th February 2010, 09:08 AM   #1
godfrey is offline godfrey  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Default Forum rules please

Hi all

When I asked about the lack of published rules last year (see here), Jason replied that the new rules would be posted within a week.

I still can't find forum rules or guidelines posted anywhere.

When mavric asked about rules (amongst other things) earlier today, his thread was deleted and the contents moved to another (closed) thread.

Perhaps he broke a rule? Who knows?
He's in the same boat as myself - neither of us know the rules as none have been available since we joined diyAudio.

Please give us a clue, even if it means posting the old rules as a temporary measure.

My apologies if the rules are already posted somewhere but if so, could somebody please provide a link?

Cheers - Godfrey
Old 4th February 2010, 12:58 PM   #2
godfrey is offline godfrey  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Default Sin Bin vs Banning

How does this work?

I was under the impression that bad behavior earned one a week or two in the bin and that repeated very bad behavior would get one banned.

However I've just noticed that a couple of members were banned last week without having previously being binned.

Has the Sin Bin now been abandoned in favor of a "one strike and you're out" approach? Are folks at least given an official warning before being banned?

The last interaction I can find between Andrea and a mod was when Sy good-naturedly joined in the numerology OT a few days before the banning.

Old 4th February 2010, 01:52 PM   #3
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

(not an official statement)

Often yes, but sometimes no. If someone really goes off the rails or is caught sock-puppeting, that's the Death Penalty. Same with repeatedly and deliberately posting incorrect information after being told so repeatedly. If 0.01% of people are taking up 70% of moderator time, they'll go quickly.

We're trying to get the Rules Document hammered out in a decent form- until then, don't sock puppet, don't be a dipstick, be like the 99.99% of the members who are smart and courteous, and there's no issue whatever.

Hide this!Advertise here!