Do mains RCD's reduce dynamics?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I'm wondering how much a simple and unavoidable mains circuit RCD reduces amplification dynamics?

I ask as I've recently had my house consumer unit replaced with a regulation dual RCD type which isn't a problem as it's unavoidable, but my system is in an outbuilding which has it's own RCD/MCB's running from the house consumer RCD/MCB's, so now my systems AC has to pass through 2 sets of RCD/MCB's.

Bit of a mouthfull I know, should I bypass the 'outbuilding' RCD?

Any opinions on RCD's??

Thanks

Hello,

I'm wondering how much a simple and unavoidable mains circuit RCD reduces amplification dynamics?

I ask as I've recently had my house consumer unit replaced with a regulation dual RCD type which isn't a problem as it's unavoidable, but my system is in an outbuilding which has it's own RCD/MCB's running from the house consumer RCD/MCB's, so now my systems AC has to pass through 2 sets of RCD/MCB's.

Bit of a mouthfull I know, should I bypass the 'outbuilding' RCD?

Any opinions on RCD's??

Thanks

They don't affect dynamics and safety is important, so you may as well leave them in. Think about it, if you can run a 3kW electric kettle through an RCD without it dropping excess volts why would it have any trouble with the hundred or so watts of an amp?

It's audio mythology spread by the technically illiterate, forget about it.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.