Need the best 1 khz impulse wav file

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

I would need the best 1 khz impulse wav file to put it on a cd.

All the tone and sound generator freewares that I have try did generate impulse with ringing.

So, is there a freeware who generate a near perfect impulse.

Or is there any guy who would have a near perfect 1 khz impulse wav file, a file of arround 10 second would be ok.

Thank and Merry Xmas

Bye

Gaetan

Last edited:
Not sure what you are after. How could it be a "1kHz impulse" without ringing? Do you mean a toneburst (but that would of course be oscillatory).

An impulse without ringing would have all expressable frequencies (and if digitally coded could show no ringing only by being sampled just so - delay it by a quarter sample and the ringing would be visible again).

What exactly do you mean? A file with 43 samples with value 0, then one with positive full scale value, then 43 with value 0, one at positive full scale and so on, giving you a repetition frequency of 44100 Hz/44? Even that will result in ringing as soon as you play it back through a DAC with reconstruction filter.

With GoldWave, which is not freeware but which has a free trial period, you can make just about any waveform as long as you can write an equation for it. Just enter the equation in the expression evaluator.

Hello

Yes, I agree that there will be ringing wen play back through a DAC with reconstruction filter.

But I want to check on my scope different OS and non-OS dac and also dvd impulse responses, to do experiments, so I need a near perfect 1 khz impulse wav file.

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.