flexy cross; a new diy rack

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's my new rack made out of sollid maple. Dimensions of 1 piece :64x4x3

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I can sit on a cross (68kg) so my 25 kg Aleph5 isn't a problem

Ralph

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Very nice, it looks cool, and matches your floor;)

Just a thought though, have you thought of using dome nuts on the top and bottom of your threaded studding? I think it would just neaten up the final job a little, and remove any sharp edges you might catch your hand on.

Thats a nice rack! heh.

Could you please post a bit on construction and design considerations you made?

Also, what is that silver amp you have on the bottom? It looks really sweet and I'd like to have an idea about where/how you build the enclosure.

Those little Tivoli's are sweet, do you run it through your system?

Thanks and well done on the rack,
Bart.

Bart,

originally I was inspired by the spider rack from

finite-elemente but I could find the extrusions like they use. I already had the classic tnt-flexy but it was to solid and I had to have good passive airflow for my power.

That is the silver box at the bottom, it is discribed in the following threadhttp://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14544 , it an Alpeh5

I first designed it in 3dsmax:

anf finally

you can also look at the avi:

film

and then made a scale model 1:1 out of spurs when that turned out fined I made one out of maple (strong hard but not brittle like oak)

I didn't use dome nuts because I like it simple and straight and my maple floor get major dented because of the weight.

Ralph

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.