Calling for help with ohm’s law

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When studying amp schematics, I often see a single resistor in the feedback path. This single value resistor must have a definite effect for a particular band of frequencies. Certain frequency may react differently when facing this resistor, some may pass thru some may not, is this assumption correct?

I need help to explain the what if questions in my head lately for example;
A single resistor with a value of 220 in the feedback path replace by three different values resistors in parallel to get the same resultant overall value of 220 too (1k, 500 and 647).
Or 1/220 = 1/1000 + 1/500 + 1/647

Will certain frequency within the band goes thru different resistors which correspond to the easiest path thru a particular value resistor?

Would there be any advantage using multiple value resistors rather than a single resistor in the feedback path? I wonder what differences it may have with the sonic of the amprefier.

Thanks in advance
Chris

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Chris,

The resistor(s) are not (ideally) frequency dependent. The frequency dependence will be provided by capacitance in the feedback circuit. So, for typical resistors, it will not matter how many series/parallel combinations you use, the effects will be the same as a single resistor of a value equal to the resistance of the combination.

Rodd Yamashita

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.