Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Burn In speakercable
Burn In speakercable
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd January 2010, 12:17 PM   #501
auplater is offline auplater  United States
diyAudio Member

Default wowzers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john curl View Post
What I am is a guy who has professionally designed audio equipment of almost all kinds for more than 40 years. That gives me 'credibility' with some, and hatred from others.
I attempted to teach everyone here, high education and low, something that they may never have considered, with measured evidence. However, I can't get anybody to look at the material, help me with its interpretation, or even attempt to understand what is already in print. That's life!
and the rest of us go... "ho hum"
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:22 PM   #502
diyAudio Member

Default movie reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Eddy View Post
What page was your quote from?

se
220, 221.... whatever it takes....
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:37 PM   #503
diyAudio Member

Default new forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvodee View Post
I call on the moderator(s) of this forum.
Please all of us know that this is hype, same as snake oil sales etc.
I am begging you to delete this thread, isolate the debutants that start this type of discussion, there have been many and to publish a warning that, even if free speach is guaranteed, false and purposely spread stupidities will be ruthlessly and immediately deleted.
I would also like to see the publishers banned for a period...

I and many among us are truly fed up with hoaxes!

Sincerely,

Jean-Pierre
Federal Way, WA
maybe they could set aside a section called "dumb it yourself"... eh?
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:52 PM   #504
Edmond Stuart is offline Edmond Stuart  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Humor

Quote:
I then suggest that the Title would include the word HUMOR
Jean-Pierre
It does already, doesn't it, though implicitly.

Quote:
't zal dan duidelijker wezen voor ieder domoor die dit wenst te volgen!!!
Domoren moet je niet wijzer maken.
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:56 PM   #505
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I then suggest that the Title would include the word HUMOR

Jean-Pierre

't zal dan duidelijker wezen voor ieder domoor die dit wenst te volgen!!!
I agree with Edmond. I mean, sometimes you read about how intelligent people can do stupid things because they are absolutely determined to remain ignorant in a sea of insight. And here you see it happen before your very eyes, live! Can't beat that for education as well as entertainment value!

jd
Old 2nd January 2010, 01:13 PM   #506
oatmeal769 is offline oatmeal769  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
How can you? You haven't yet presented one.
Doh!! Ouch! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
Nope. No physical evidence. No plausibility argument. No actual listening tests. Nothing. Nada. Zero. Zilch. Zip. Zot. Bupkis. Duck egg. Cipher. Blank. Naught. Not at all. In no respect. Nichts. Rien. Null.
'Bupkis' and 'Rien' would be my favorites! I like 'squat', and it's cousin 'diddley-squat' as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by john curl View Post
What I am is a guy who has professionally designed audio equipment of almost all kinds for more than 40 years. That gives me 'credibility' with some, and hatred from others.
I attempted to teach everyone here, high education and low, something that they may never have considered, with measured evidence. However, I can't get anybody to look at the material, help me with its interpretation, or even attempt to understand what is already in print. That's life!
A.) No one here hates you.
I respect what you've done as your life's work. I'm simply asking for ANY objective facts or evidence that what you say here makes an audible difference.
WHY do you and Andre keep avoiding that simple question?
For me and I'm sure most others, none of what you say about metallurgy here matters (even if it were true) if it makes no audible difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Visser View Post
You must read more, I can't believe you are still clinging to that scam.
can you point me to a link or two? I'd like to see it. Either way, just show some objective evidence. ANY. WHY is that so hard?
Quote:
"... but was laughed at, same as now, at least you can show some pictures.
Produce objective proof of your statements. NO ONE will laugh at you if you do.
Quote:
"... To give you an idea, I've compared a played in Master Ref (copper) cable with a new Legend (silver) cable in a blind test, the Master ref won every time (about six tests).
Sounds very interesting! Finally something to take seriously. PLEASE produce your methodology so that others here and elsewhere may repeat the testing and analyze the results for themselves. We all can then independently confirm or deny, and reach a consensus. Even if your reasoning turns out to be flawed, we can help refine it into something useful for everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond Stuart View Post
"... I find this thread highly amusing just because of the arrogance and ignorance of a few people.
Indeed, I'm sure no minds were changed, but at least it's been good for a few laughs as we call these ridiculous snake-oil schemes and statements out into the open for all to see.
Quote:
None here are selling burn-in, you get it for free.
But you ARE pushing false and unsubstantiated voodoo as indisputable fact. If you come here and publicly declare these bogus ideas as facts, and that these changes are audible to humans, all we are asking is that you SHOW US YOUR DATA!! Why is that so HARD???
Old 2nd January 2010, 01:19 PM   #507
oatmeal769 is offline oatmeal769  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janneman View Post
"... sometimes you read about how intelligent people can do stupid things because they are absolutely determined to remain ignorant in a sea of insight. ..."
Nothing is wrong with admitting an error. The humor comes in when an otherwise smart person clings desperately to a shiny but worthless token despite all truth, logic, and reason.
Old 2nd January 2010, 02:06 PM   #508
Andre Visser is offline Andre Visser  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by auplater View Post
maybe they could set aside a section called "dumb it yourself"... eh?
What a great idea, I hope those that know it all will stay out of it then and let the dumb ones that still seek for answers try and find some.
Old 2nd January 2010, 02:18 PM   #509
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
What a great idea, I hope those that know it all will stay out of it then and let the dumb ones that still seek for answers try and find some.
Andre, do you realize that you are the prime 'know it all'? You're the one that is '100% sure' ? 'We' are looking for answers, we are asking for data and information....

jd
Old 2nd January 2010, 02:26 PM   #510
MJL21193 is offline MJL21193  Canada
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally Posted by janneman View Post
I mean, sometimes you read about how intelligent people can do stupid things because they are absolutely determined to remain ignorant in a sea of insight. And here you see it happen before your very eyes, live! Can't beat that for education as well as entertainment value!
Well worth repeating.

Burn In speakercableHide this!Advertise here!