Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Burn In speakercable
Burn In speakercable
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:17 PM   #501
auplater is offline auplater  United States
diyAudio Member
 
auplater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: KyOhWVa tristate
Default wowzers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john curl View Post
What I am is a guy who has professionally designed audio equipment of almost all kinds for more than 40 years. That gives me 'credibility' with some, and hatred from others.
I attempted to teach everyone here, high education and low, something that they may never have considered, with measured evidence. However, I can't get anybody to look at the material, help me with its interpretation, or even attempt to understand what is already in print. That's life!
and the rest of us go... "ho hum"
__________________
"I've forgotten more than I care to remember" The Last Conspirators
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:22 PM   #502
auplater is offline auplater  United States
diyAudio Member
 
auplater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: KyOhWVa tristate
Default movie reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Eddy View Post
What page was your quote from?

se
220, 221.... whatever it takes....
__________________
"I've forgotten more than I care to remember" The Last Conspirators
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:37 PM   #503
auplater is offline auplater  United States
diyAudio Member
 
auplater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: KyOhWVa tristate
Default new forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvodee View Post
I call on the moderator(s) of this forum.
Please all of us know that this is hype, same as snake oil sales etc.
I am begging you to delete this thread, isolate the debutants that start this type of discussion, there have been many and to publish a warning that, even if free speach is guaranteed, false and purposely spread stupidities will be ruthlessly and immediately deleted.
I would also like to see the publishers banned for a period...

I and many among us are truly fed up with hoaxes!


Sincerely,

Jean-Pierre
Federal Way, WA
maybe they could set aside a section called "dumb it yourself"... eh?
__________________
"I've forgotten more than I care to remember" The Last Conspirators
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:52 PM   #504
Edmond Stuart is offline Edmond Stuart  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Edmond Stuart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Amsterdam
Default Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvodee View Post
I then suggest that the Title would include the word HUMOR
Jean-Pierre
It does already, doesn't it, though implicitly.

Quote:
't zal dan duidelijker wezen voor ieder domoor die dit wenst te volgen!!!
Domoren moet je niet wijzer maken.
__________________
http://www.data-odyssey.nl/
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:56 PM   #505
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
jan.didden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The great city of Turnhout, BE
Quote:
Originally Posted by uvodee View Post
I then suggest that the Title would include the word HUMOR

Jean-Pierre

't zal dan duidelijker wezen voor ieder domoor die dit wenst te volgen!!!
I agree with Edmond. I mean, sometimes you read about how intelligent people can do stupid things because they are absolutely determined to remain ignorant in a sea of insight. And here you see it happen before your very eyes, live! Can't beat that for education as well as entertainment value!

jd
__________________
Cable: a potential source of trouble interconnecting two other potential sources of trouble - Erik Margan
Linear Audio pubs and articles . The SilentSwitcher now at diyaudio store SilentSwitcher. Keeping in touch with SY.
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 01:13 PM   #506
oatmeal769 is offline oatmeal769  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
How can you? You haven't yet presented one.
Doh!! Ouch! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
Nope. No physical evidence. No plausibility argument. No actual listening tests. Nothing. Nada. Zero. Zilch. Zip. Zot. Bupkis. Duck egg. Cipher. Blank. Naught. Not at all. In no respect. Nichts. Rien. Null.
'Bupkis' and 'Rien' would be my favorites! I like 'squat', and it's cousin 'diddley-squat' as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by john curl View Post
What I am is a guy who has professionally designed audio equipment of almost all kinds for more than 40 years. That gives me 'credibility' with some, and hatred from others.
I attempted to teach everyone here, high education and low, something that they may never have considered, with measured evidence. However, I can't get anybody to look at the material, help me with its interpretation, or even attempt to understand what is already in print. That's life!
A.) No one here hates you.
I respect what you've done as your life's work. I'm simply asking for ANY objective facts or evidence that what you say here makes an audible difference.
WHY do you and Andre keep avoiding that simple question?
For me and I'm sure most others, none of what you say about metallurgy here matters (even if it were true) if it makes no audible difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Visser View Post
You must read more, I can't believe you are still clinging to that scam.
can you point me to a link or two? I'd like to see it. Either way, just show some objective evidence. ANY. WHY is that so hard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Visser View Post
"... but was laughed at, same as now, at least you can show some pictures.
Produce objective proof of your statements. NO ONE will laugh at you if you do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Visser View Post
"... To give you an idea, I've compared a played in Master Ref (copper) cable with a new Legend (silver) cable in a blind test, the Master ref won every time (about six tests).
Sounds very interesting! Finally something to take seriously. PLEASE produce your methodology so that others here and elsewhere may repeat the testing and analyze the results for themselves. We all can then independently confirm or deny, and reach a consensus. Even if your reasoning turns out to be flawed, we can help refine it into something useful for everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond Stuart View Post
"... I find this thread highly amusing just because of the arrogance and ignorance of a few people.
Indeed, I'm sure no minds were changed, but at least it's been good for a few laughs as we call these ridiculous snake-oil schemes and statements out into the open for all to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Visser View Post
None here are selling burn-in, you get it for free.
But you ARE pushing false and unsubstantiated voodoo as indisputable fact. If you come here and publicly declare these bogus ideas as facts, and that these changes are audible to humans, all we are asking is that you SHOW US YOUR DATA!! Why is that so HARD???
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 01:19 PM   #507
oatmeal769 is offline oatmeal769  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by janneman View Post
"... sometimes you read about how intelligent people can do stupid things because they are absolutely determined to remain ignorant in a sea of insight. ..."
X 2
Nothing is wrong with admitting an error. The humor comes in when an otherwise smart person clings desperately to a shiny but worthless token despite all truth, logic, and reason.
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 02:06 PM   #508
Andre Visser is offline Andre Visser  South Africa
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by auplater View Post
maybe they could set aside a section called "dumb it yourself"... eh?
What a great idea, I hope those that know it all will stay out of it then and let the dumb ones that still seek for answers try and find some.
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 02:18 PM   #509
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
jan.didden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The great city of Turnhout, BE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Visser View Post
What a great idea, I hope those that know it all will stay out of it then and let the dumb ones that still seek for answers try and find some.
Andre, do you realize that you are the prime 'know it all'? You're the one that is '100% sure' ? 'We' are looking for answers, we are asking for data and information....

jd
__________________
Cable: a potential source of trouble interconnecting two other potential sources of trouble - Erik Margan
Linear Audio pubs and articles . The SilentSwitcher now at diyaudio store SilentSwitcher. Keeping in touch with SY.
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 02:26 PM   #510
MJL21193 is offline MJL21193  Canada
Account disabled at member's request
 
MJL21193's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by janneman View Post
I mean, sometimes you read about how intelligent people can do stupid things because they are absolutely determined to remain ignorant in a sea of insight. And here you see it happen before your very eyes, live! Can't beat that for education as well as entertainment value!
Well worth repeating.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Burn In speakercableHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why burn in? sianturi Multi-Way 17 1st January 2010 11:22 PM
burn in of components jitter Parts 25 30th April 2009 07:47 AM
Burn in on speakers Nordic Multi-Way 5 16th November 2006 10:13 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:05 PM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 14.29%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio
Wiki