Burn In speakercable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Too bad, you will never understand real engineering-physics.

Too bad you will never understand the real world around you. Why the big chip on your shoulder, John? Has life really been all that bad for you? You seem to project disdain for anyone with a differing viewpoint than yours, rather than provide details as to your disagreement.

Why don't you tell us how the resistance of copper is affected by impurities? You've already impuned most of the sceptics credentials, so why should we try to demonstrate our knowledge, when it is obviously (to you) completely bogus? How about calculating the activation energy for generating a tri-vacancy in a copper crystal lattice and comparing that to potentials available describing the microvolt signals of distortion you attribute to these defects?

Waiting in anticipation...

Last edited:
So do I, looks equivalent quality to me. Do you think you can just throw out disparaging claims without challenge because of your 'side'? That's not how it works, prove your contentions. Price it out with small production labour rates, the same machined metal panel, etc. for $50. Dazzle.
I see your point, fair enough. -
Okay then, let's pretend it costs a hundred bucks to put one of these gizmos together. Then you have a very shiny and highly polished ... turd. This intelligent gentleman is giggling himself to death all the way to the bank because he just sold some brass plated turds to a bunch of nincompoops. - at about a $500 profit for each one.
I still think he means it in jest. This item is not to be taken seriously.

.... This intelligent gentleman is giggling himself to death all the way to the bank because he just sold some brass plated turds to a bunch of nincompoops. - at about a $500 profit for each one....

There is just far too much of this going on. I've been spending most of my time over the past six months trying to understand money and law. It seems that our society is built on this sort of thing - its as American as Apple Pie. I'm a Canadian, but we are the same up here.

To complete my question, it is not the resistivity itself that is the key. It is that the resistivity can change with impurities and mechanical, and temperature manipulation. How do we normally measure resistance? Is it similar in magnitude and complexity to what we actually use the wire for? What about resistance at very low voltages? Is it always the same as at higher voltages? Can you prove it? How would you prove it? What sort of impurity makes a diode? Does copper with oxygen make a diode? How about other impurities?
Just a few simple questions, that some people might be interested in. However, your normal engineer-technician doesn't care or need to know, except in rare instances.
LOL!
You're like that proverbial monkey with his hand caught in a bottle. You just can't let go of that shiny but worthless token even when the trappers show up with big sticks.
None of these worthless measurements matter for squat when you, nor anyone else, can show that you hear a difference between burned in and non burned in conductor.
I measure at -150dB consistently and there are differences showing up. Malcolm measures at -160dB consistently with an averaging algorithm that escapes my comprehension abilities and even more differences show up. John, i have had the privilege to talk to you on the phone at least, you said it often and nobody listens : the ear is much more discriminating then some people like to agree here. If it is audible i give a **** if it is measurable. You proved so many times that you can make equipment sound good that more people should take your advice. I know how it feels when a whole life's work is in danger. Teach me and i am your apprentice.
You my friend have been fooled. You can't show even yourself that you are able to hear a difference between burned in and non burned in conductor. Believe in science, not magic. All you have is obtuse and worthless measurements, which matter zilch to what the human ear can resolve, and brain can perceive.

There is just far too much of this going on. I've been spending most of my time over the past six months trying to understand money and law. It seems that our society is built on this sort of thing - its as American as Apple Pie. I'm a Canadian, but we are the same up here.
I'd say you're opening a completely new can of worms. It begins the question of whether we as individuals, or a government are responsible for obtaining knowledge and making wise choices. If this man were bilking folks out of their life savings, then yeah maybe someone ought to step in, but this is just a classic example of a fool and their money being easily parted. He could argue that he is selling hope and dreams to make people feel good, which is indeed a commodity worth exchange. Me, I'd rather read a book or see a movie.

Okay then, let's pretend it costs a hundred bucks to put one of these gizmos together. Then you have a very shiny and highly polished ... turd. This intelligent gentleman is giggling himself to death all the way to the bank because he just sold some brass plated turds to a bunch of nincompoops. - at about a $500 profit for each one.

5:1 retail to BOM cost is quite standard in almost every manufacturing industry. The problem here is not the profit margin, it's the exploitation of gullibility, fantasy, and technical ignorance.

5:1 retail to BOM cost is quite standard in almost every manufacturing industry. The problem here is not the profit margin, it's the exploitation of gullibility, fantasy, and technical ignorance.

Agreed save for the last part. 'Exploitation' posits intent to defraud on Hagerman's part without any evidence. I have no use for the product, that has no bearing on whether Jim's intentions are honest. Given his other products and his input on forums I believe they are.
Worse still many who haven't the technological chops to build one of his kits get mob mentality and hop on the 'audiophool' abuse train. If a position isn't based on evidence and knowledge, it's something else. Might feel good, but it's still something else.

How are 'honest intentions' relevant? And the only abuse I'm seeing here is the abuse of a preposterous theory that was railroaded into salable form without proof that it offers audible benefit.

I don't know what product you're talking about but "proof a audible benefit" isn't a requirement to sell audio gear. If it was we would all be listen to Bose.

This is the 'pitchfork wielding villagers' syndrome. SY appears to be whipping up hatred for someone who makes a product that he does not believe in. I believe in the product, but what do I know? I have my own personal cable break-in generator, originally designed by my former business partner and built for him, so I could care less about another break-in box, but why the hatred and dissent? Why not hate me? I am here, I can defend myself, (more or less) and I am a bigger target. Chicken? ;-)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.