Burn In speakercable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was thinking a lubricated mold and potting compound . I would use some heat shrink to indicate the wire function ( 1 mm visible above potting ) . The BCV 61/62 are great devices .

There is a metal which some call electron which might be called stainless silver ( 4% gold ) . I would imagine for this use not too expensive . I love silver , it almost asks the solder to flow . Even very tarnished silver is surprising OK as a conductor . Silver is used on very cheap Lorin rotary switches . I love them . If this electron was a plating metal we might have the best of all worlds . Although I have no evidence I have always suspected gold to be our slightly less good choice .

Brian . DF96 reminded us of that . Elsewhere we discussed blind testing . I was told years ago that if an identical thing is played twice the second time sounds brighter . This is not totally psychological , it is just how we function . To wire into the brain would be a step ( not me ) .

I remember doing calibration tests of a Nakamichi Dragon . With care I could get TDK D to be as good as metal tape . I even did tests which confirmed it with headphones . The next day I listened again . The TDK D recordings were poor compared with Maxell MX metal tape . Too many identical tests switched of my discerning ability . I could almost swear they sounded identical the day before . I wasn't obviously fatigued I should add . The difference was not subtle . The Dragon makes most EQ differences minimal . All were Dolby so as not to automatically disgrace TDK D . All were 0VU max where possible and identical . All from Teac CD player if memory correct .

Some people claim to see colours when hearing music . Brain scanners prove it to be true . Other light up musical recognition regions when reading music as if hearing it . There is so much to learn .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.