any 1 eva tryed using 'phones + sub for infra?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
Good idea, Circlotron.

Remember Virtual Reality, where goggles with tiny TV screens were put on the viewer and computer generated images appeared? It was supposed to put the viewer into the middle of the program.

Whatever happened to that, anyway? :scratch:

Anyhow, this sounds like an audio equivalent of the same idea.

In virgin mega stores in bluewater, UK in the listing area they have headphones plus a metal square pad on the floor which u are supposed to stand on (I am sure many other stores have a similar setup). I think the idea is that Joe public listens to CD x and 'cos of the LF shaker he is standing on it sounds like a good CD. But step off the pad and... Oh that’s boring.

Anyway I know it's not Hi-Fi in its strictest sense but, wearing headphones and turning just the subwoofer on is... interesting.

I like wearing earmuff headphones (like people on loud jobsites) when I listen to any speakers. I have yet to hear something that sounds better than turning it way up and muffing it out with the ear protectors. It's like it gives it an equalization such that it still sounds loud but not screechy and painful to listen to. It also makes bass better especially if you're using shotty equipment as it cuts out the overtones or box rattle or any other undesired effects of a half-arsed job.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.