Thank You Peter Daniel and Everyone Else!!! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st May 2003, 10:04 PM   #1
rdunnit is online now rdunnit  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to rdunnit
Default Thank You Peter Daniel and Everyone Else!!!

First of all I would like to thank you for recommending the Yardstore as a source of bulk surplus aluminum. www.yardstore.com
As I live in Wichita, Kansas I went there today and ended up buying two sheets (#1) 17 3/4" X 19 1/2" X 3/16" (#2) 4" X 14" X 1"
The first will end up being the bottom plate for an amplifier and the second will be the back panel/heat sink. The aluminum weighed 12.12 pounds and ended up costing $16.10 with tax. Their aluminum is $1.25 a pound.

I saw huge chunks of aluminum there and automatically had visions of drilling out and adding an inlet and outlet to the aluminum chunk and mounting an automobile radiator and electric fan for an awesome cooling method for the ultimate amplifier but my girlfriend said no!!!

Secondly I would like to thank everyone here for peaking my interest again in audio. I am not currently employed because of health reasons and audio has given me a very positive way of keeping busy. In the past I was very much into car audio (installing and jamming) and it was when the internet was just getting it's beginning.

I lost interest when I turned to marijuana and ended up getting into trouble with the law Well I ended up getting married, child,divorce and utter depression and dismay. I found this site and it has really helped me a lot.
I was an electronic technician before various health reasons caused me to quit working.
I am now in the process of signing up for classes next Spring majoring in Electrical Engineering.
I am sorry for being so windy but I am very greatful for this forum and others like it. If not for audio, I would probably be back into weed and in prison. Which is BS, in my opinion because I believe in legalization or at least decriminalization but that is not a topic for here.
So to sum it all up THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!
Old 21st May 2003, 10:08 PM   #2
swede is offline swede  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Thanks for sharing this with us!

I really hope all is working out to the better for you, and that diy audio will give you "the little extra" to make you feel better.

Good luck!
//magnus
Old 21st May 2003, 10:12 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Best of everything to you, rdunnit!

I would like to thank all the mods as well. This site has rekindled my love of electronics from high school. It certainly requires less effort when you have cash!
Old 21st May 2003, 10:19 PM   #4
UrSv is offline UrSv  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Glad to have you on board. Hopefully you'll find lots of nice ideas here and lots of future projects.

Have fun. Welcome.
Old 21st May 2003, 10:24 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up GOOD LUCK in maintaining that new good spirit!!

Quote:
I am now in the process of signing up for classes next Spring majoring in Electrical Engineering.
Old 21st May 2003, 10:47 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
I'm gonna show this thread to my wife, as she already complains that I'm spending too much time with you guys

Thank you.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 21st May 2003, 10:49 PM   #7
elizard is offline elizard  Canada
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to elizard
lol
with all the fancy stuff you make peter, i wonder how you get time
so i figured you're either single, or your wife helps you ..

i guess not
Old 22nd May 2003, 01:19 AM   #8
Wizard of Kelts
diyAudio Moderator

Default Re: Thank You Peter Daniel and Everyone Else!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by rdunnit
If not for audio, I would probably be back into weed and in prison. Which is BS, in my opinion because I believe in legalization or at least decriminalization but that is not a topic for here.
Not to go off topic, but you are not alone in that opinion. I used to smoke too, but simply stopped because I found that after years of use, marijuana started to make me feel depressed instead of high when I smoked it. I had no trouble walking away from it. Therefore, I too favor legalization.

I had no trouble with the law from it, but of course that was just luck, since I obvously had to possess it before I could smoke it. Unless, of course, I wanted to set up a complex series of maritime rendezvous in which I would go out in a boat beyond the three mile limit and meet someone else in another boat where the purchase would be made and the stuff consumed. Would give added meaning to the phrase High Seas. However, it would be difficult, considering I lived hundreds of miles inland at the time.

At any rate, I think it is wonderful that you put that part of your life behind you and that audio was the catalyst. By all means, keep coming back-we can definitely use your positive outlook around here.
Old 22nd May 2003, 08:54 AM   #9
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

:^)
Attached Images
File Type: gif bcmjp.gif (7.5 KB, 282 views)
Old 22nd May 2003, 11:23 AM   #10
SHiFTY is offline SHiFTY  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Yeah this site rocks. Mad props to whoever set it up (what is the history of it BTW?)

I spend way too much time here too...

By the way, the herb is like anything, good in moderation... But like all intoxicants it intensifies moods... If you are in a bad place in your life it is a bad idea to get wasted.

On the other hand, if all is going well... party on wayne!

Hide this!Advertise here!