Matter and Antimatter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nope. I actually saw him move. on his own.

Most fun for me was meeting Cynthia. Sorry GK, Binky is taken. By one of those women whose brain power is measured in thousands of acres.

Second was the South African bass player, whose name I never did get straight. Standing on the shoulders of Jaco Pastorius with one foot and YO YO MA with the other and the guy can sing too. Just an amazing musician.

There was this girl on stage too.

Well, actually, she was so good that she made me cry twice, once with tears of rage and once with tears of joy. I asked her, after the show, when she was standing around signing CD's and stuff, "Girl, you are so pretty, how did you ever get out of Texas?" She reared back on the tips of her toes (this is a slim and seriously athletic woman) and said "I ran like hell!" My eyes did water a bit, but they were tears of compassion, I remembered how it felt, finding myself anchored down in Texas as a child.

In all respects, the evening was a delight. Handing SY a little plastic baggie and saying here is your snake oil supply and having him grin and slither it into his pocket, was worth having to occasionally look at one of those tall blond Texas beauties, working busing tables and being completely ignored by everyone else. Listening to two incredible musicians and their friends, but only occasionally helping, perform music I have found worthy of tears on more than one instance in my life, was just an added delight.

But I must spend some time talking to Cynthia.

Bud

Most fun for me was meeting Cynthia. Sorry GK, Binky is taken. By one of those women whose brain power is measured in thousands of acres.

Did I mention that she was a very successful musician in L.A. for some years? That's why she's somewhat deaf on one side, that's where the PA system was. I don't use her to validate changes in imaging and soundstaging...

Let me put in a plug for Trudy's Tex-Mex Bar and Cafe. Really good food and drink at remarkably low prices. The definitive migas.

Let me put in a plug for Trudy's Tex-Mex Bar and Cafe. Really good food and drink at remarkably low prices. The definitive migas.
So, you ignored the blond in the deeply scooped neck T shirt too? Maybe that's why she smiled at me so pleasantly as we left, I must have been her only audience.

I will say that Trudy's is a worthy place to return to, when next I inhabit the Texas intestinal road system, and yes, the food was very good indeed.

You too? I did the "run like hell" out of Texas fugue myself. Age 13.
I got out at age nine, only to fall into Oklahoma. I have to say, that year was the worst of my entire life, by so big a margin that another like it will be the death of me.

Bud

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.