Windows 7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you have been running a PC for 10 or 15 years you have purchased and owned the subprograms like Excel and Office. Microsoft does not give them away with the new OS like they used to. They also do not provide a method of transferring the software you already purchased onto your new machine. Just how many times must you purchase the same software?
I would be quite happy to buy the OS upgrades and install them on my current machine without having to start from scratch each time.
Microsoft the once mighty giant like IBM is going to make the users so unhappy with there games they will eventually move elsewhere -- hence the resurrection of the Mac and others.
I think the Chinese have a new product out which will give us all cheaper options and they do not have to deal with patent infringement issues. Read the latest headlines on Bill Gates nervous headaches. Vista has caused too many problems and I think the snowball has started downhill.
A rerelease of a revved up 64 bit XP with extras would go a long way to build customer confidence.
Count me unhappy. I like you work hard for my money.

Tad

I felt the same about office, went to open office and never looked back. It's free, full featured and it's free. Upgrades, free. What more could you want.

Terry

I'm still going to stick to Gentoo. I don't think even Windows 7 can provide anywhere as much customization.

Amen! The only thing my audio machine will ever run.*

*For the time being. :p

Ok, so windows 7 has been out for a while now... so may I ask people if my main gripe upon its release was founded?

I have been using 7 now for 3-4 months... not once have I used "aeroshake(tm)" for anything else then showing other people something pointless that the guys at microsoft spent lots developing.

The trigger happy animated thumbnail creation when hovering over taskbar-ed programs has become more than an annoyance now and is a full blown distracting time waste...

These reasons are why I started this thread. I like windows 7 as an upgrade from vista (thank god I dont pay retail) as its much faster, however the things that are being marketed (in the UK at least) as improvements are features that actually detract from the user experience. It makes me really angry that this has come from large developer departments dedicated to finding ways to enhance the user experience... and the best they can come up with are at best gimmicky and pointless and at worst actually prohibitive of efficient use of the os.... bleh... :no:

Install Hornresp

I don't know how to install a new program in Win 7.

I have downloaded Hornresp, twice now and cannot find where it has been saved.

How do I get to the .exe file that has been confirmed as saved, so that I can install the programme and put some shortcuts where I can use them?

AKN

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi Andrew,

The default download location is in "downloads". However, it is possible to choose target directory of your own choice.

Move to "downloads":
Start > type "downloads" in the search box and you should find your downloaded hornresp. This is not a directory suited for running executables (programs). You may move the file somewhere else and run it from there.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.