Anybody tried this tweak? Is it worth it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SHIELDED CAP

Smart and Subtle

Protect your brain from RF (radio-frequency) pollution with this handsome baseball style hat. Specially designed to shield the head from frequencies from below AM through microwave, including cellular phone frequencies. Lined with sophisticated NaturaShield fabric woven from cotton with an ultrathin Silver/Copper core thread for excellent radiation protection. This gives this unique fabric a truly comfortable, natural feel and the durability and washability of cotton, but with exceptional reflective characteristics.

Research links RF radiation with behavioral and cellular disturbances. Many people can actually sense the differences in the levels of "mind noise" from RF radiation. Provide your brain a quiet place without interference to your mental processes from RF radiation. Washable, Tan color. Adjustment strap means one size fits all. Union made in USA.

Shielded Cap (Cat. #A210) ….........................…. $29.95

neurotic -jitter

Yes we joke, but secretly we wonder, can RF fields and EMI, disrupt the transfer of neuro-humors in the cerebral cortex causing our brain to work harder to normalize our perception of the acoustic phenomena. I think the effect could be likened to neurotic-jitter. {Have a little sip of this cool-aid and youll start to understand} If this were the case, locally shielding ourselves with a personal faraday cage or metallized baseball cap, might actually enhance the listening experience. Wow! I gotta go ask my wife were we keep the tinfoil!

Dweezel, Zwiebck, Shutup! I'm trying to speak with the humans.

RF Noise Annoys.

Ever been into as Faraday (sheet copper) screened room for doing sensitive RF measurements.
In my memory this is a very different feeling room, and it is not the sonic changes that are the difference.
Also after a long weekend out in the country away from RF sources, to my senses there is a heavy burdening feel as you approach the city outskirts.
I can sense when some items are powered and I don't think it is sonic sensing.
Learn and tune yopur dowsing senses and you will understand what I mean.
In dowsing circles there is the subject of 'geopathic stress' whose explanation is radiated spectrums coming up out of the ground.
Also in these circles EMR is regarded as an additional source of stress/disturbance.
A book, "The Dark Side Of The Brain" poses a theory that in addition to hormonal control systems, the brain controls cells according to spectrums using the nerves as waveguides, and that extraneous EMR sourses can intefere with this feedback control system.
Ground radiations can be a potent source of beneficial or deleterious spectrums, and the place where you spend major portions of time are important to health and well being.
Ever slept in a bed where you got the best sleep ever, or in another where you wake up worse than when you went to bed ?.
Ever sat in different identical chairs in a hall and found some where you were relaxed and comfortable, and others where you were not ?.
A few years ago I dowsed a particularly strongly beneficial spot just inside the main doors in a cathedral in Switzerland - you could not help feeling happily re-energised after only moments over this spot.
This is old knowledge, and the churches have used this covertly since the beginnings of time.

Regarding man made sources, I find that most Jap cd players emit irritating RF junk with the amp turned off, and the CDP not playing, and Philips type players have a different and less objectionable vibe.
I also have an FM tuner that irritates even when the amp is turned off.
I have discussed these points with friends and found similar correlations.

Eric / - Beware the unseen devils.

Sceptical Idiots...

I was taught by an old guy that I got to spend many hours with.
On our first meeting he gave me pen and paper, and asked me to draw a plan view of the floor and property where I lived.
He dowsed this map and marked out features and was entirely correct, and this was from his house 20 kilometres away.
That experience kind of changed my view of the universe - this old bloke was the nicest, happiest and gentlest persons I have ever met, and was in no way a crank.
I also discussed the subject with a nuclear physicist friend, and he was a dowser too.
Once the sense is realised, the rods can be discarded as they are indicators only - the key is to shut out all other concerns and focus on the dowsing task only, and note fine involantary reflexes within yourself.
Once you get a hold of this you will probably realise that you had this sense as a kid but lost it since.
Geopathic radiations are to be wary of, and if you are not sleeping right, you may need to move your bed.

Eric.

yeah i'm an idiot

"idiots"? ad hominem, that's a pretty convincing argument.

maybe one needs to move one's bed because the streetlamp is in their eyes, or they're too close to the wall, or their room is just poorly designed. i suspect these (environmental psychology) factors are a bit more significant (and real) than some supposed radiation.

the human imagination is great fun, eh. i think the tinfoil cap might be useful for reflecting brain waves back into the skull, thus preventing their escape.

***edit: PS - don't forget lunar effects!

Ignorance Is Bliss I Suppose....

Putting aluminium on your head is not advisable.
Regarding the other points I raised, you guys know oh so little.
The dowser that I spoke of was entirely correct in locating a water stream that ran across the grass, under the building and out the other side - explain to me how he was not able to do this.
He also located two other signifcant spots that I knew about but did not understand.
Go research 'ley lines' and 'churches/cathedrals' for some understanding.
While you are at it look up 'Schuman resonance' too.

Eric.

Some people will believe anything....

From faustian's link:

"Does dowsing work? The testimonials of dowsers and those who observe them provide the main evidence for dowsing. The evidence is simple: dowsers find what they are dowsing for and they do this many times. What more proof of dowsing is needed? The fact that this pattern of dowsing and finding something occurs repeatedly leads many dowsers and their advocates to make the causal connection between dowsing and finding water, oil, minerals, golf balls, etc. This type of fallacious reasoning is known as post hoc reasoning and is a very common basis for belief in paranormal powers. It is essentially unscientific and invalid. Scientific thinking includes being constantly vigilant against self-deception and being careful not to rely upon insight or intuition in place of rigorous and precise empirical testing of theoretical and causal claims. Every controlled study of dowsers, including the "Scheunen" study [see below], has shown that dowsers do no better than chance in finding what they are looking for. "

I suppose we also believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, too? :rolleyes:

mrfeedback said:
Ever been into as Faraday (sheet copper) screened room for doing sensitive RF measurements.
In my memory this is a very different feeling room, and it is not the sonic changes that are the difference.
We have one of those at work and for me it is no different inside or out. But then again, I can't tell whether a wire is directional or not either.... ;)

This was my reply to another thread a while back that I also think is behind the phenomena of dowsing, something that I *have* seen with my own eyes. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=78529#post78529

mrfeedback said:
Care to elaborate on what you have *seen* ?.

Eric.
I met up with a fellow who was a professional dowser and he couldn't tell me fast enough that he was one, and he proceeded to walk to and fro with his length of coat hanger wire until it wiggled in his hand all by itself asI could see. (very short version of story)

It's way past bedtime in this end of the country! Cya!

Anybody read this thread? Is it worth it? Or, "We Have Something For Everyone"

one born every minute

this is getting silly. one more bit of time-wasteage, then i'm done.

mrfeedback said:
Putting aluminium on your head is not advisable.
Regarding the other points I raised, you guys know oh so little.
The dowser that I spoke of was entirely correct in locating a water stream that ran across the grass, under the building and out the other side - explain to me how he was not able to do this.

don't have to. however you must prove that his 'success' was not by chance. anyone can guess an underground stream, statistics of chance say that someone, sometime, will get it right.

He also located two other signifcant spots that I knew about but did not understand.

again, chance. not to mention hearsay and possible misinterpretation and self-deception. (no offense.)

Go research 'ley lines' and 'churches/cathedrals' for some understanding.
While you are at it look up 'Schuman resonance' too.

Eric.

ley lines

here's one of the few substantive links google gave me containing 'shuman resonance'. fairly telling if you ask me.

...and just to round out the set, here's the Ganesh potato.

I drew a plan of the property.
Frank correctly and accurately map dowsed this water stream which was visible and known to me.
He dowsed a spot in my bedroom that was causing me disturbed sleep.
He also dowsed a spot in the loungeroom where I slept very well.
That is proof to me - I was there and you were not.
You very obviously have no direct experience of any of this.
Just like a lot of other nay-sayers on this forum, you quote negative references from the web, but as we all know not everything on the web is to be trusted.

Eric.

Everyone is gullible to some degree, and there seems to be plenty of people taking advantage of others who are gullible enough to believe in ridiculous claims. That's a good enough reason to dismiss things that you have not experienced first hand, or heard about from reliable sources.

Problem is, as soon as someone claims they have had a paranormal exeprience they are considered an unreliable source because the belief is not common. Even if they were well regarded before the claim. So unless you personally have or witness such an event you will probably never believe it could be true.

There are more people than you think that have had exepriences that leave no doubt that certain paranormal phenomena do occur. We don't usually like to talk about it for obvious reasons. Credibility goes out the window. To much at stake in personal and business relationships.

Now that I've destroyed my credibility I can tell you it's a fact that at least one person has had perceptions that are beyond normal senses. Detailed awareness and knowlege of events and thoughts exeprienced by other persons in the past, present, and future.

As far as the shielded cap that started this thread, I don't know, that was joke.

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.