Anybody tried this tweak? Is it worth it? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th May 2003, 04:21 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Anybody tried this tweak? Is it worth it?

SHIELDED CAP

Smart and Subtle

Protect your brain from RF (radio-frequency) pollution with this handsome baseball style hat. Specially designed to shield the head from frequencies from below AM through microwave, including cellular phone frequencies. Lined with sophisticated NaturaShield fabric woven from cotton with an ultrathin Silver/Copper core thread for excellent radiation protection. This gives this unique fabric a truly comfortable, natural feel and the durability and washability of cotton, but with exceptional reflective characteristics.

Research links RF radiation with behavioral and cellular disturbances. Many people can actually sense the differences in the levels of "mind noise" from RF radiation. Provide your brain a quiet place without interference to your mental processes from RF radiation. Washable, Tan color. Adjustment strap means one size fits all. Union made in USA.

Shielded Cap (Cat. #A210) .......................... $29.95
Old 20th May 2003, 04:30 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Da5id4Vz
Default planet Zwordon

Mine keeps master orders from forward base on planet Zwordon form reaching me.

The liberty has been fun.
Old 20th May 2003, 05:04 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

I make a beenie out of tin foil, not only does it make my music cound better, but it keeps the aliens from stealing my thoughts. The twist is that I tun a ground wire to my drainpipe...If you don't do that the aliens can still take your thoughts.

Sheldon
Old 20th May 2003, 03:46 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Da5id4Vz
Default neurotic -jitter

Yes we joke, but secretly we wonder, can RF fields and EMI, disrupt the transfer of neuro-humors in the cerebral cortex causing our brain to work harder to normalize our perception of the acoustic phenomena. I think the effect could be likened to neurotic-jitter. {Have a little sip of this cool-aid and youll start to understand} If this were the case, locally shielding ourselves with a personal faraday cage or metallized baseball cap, might actually enhance the listening experience. Wow! I gotta go ask my wife were we keep the tinfoil!

Dweezel, Zwiebck, Shutup! I'm trying to speak with the humans.
Old 20th May 2003, 04:38 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default RF Noise Annoys.

Ever been into as Faraday (sheet copper) screened room for doing sensitive RF measurements.
In my memory this is a very different feeling room, and it is not the sonic changes that are the difference.
Also after a long weekend out in the country away from RF sources, to my senses there is a heavy burdening feel as you approach the city outskirts.
I can sense when some items are powered and I don't think it is sonic sensing.
Learn and tune yopur dowsing senses and you will understand what I mean.
In dowsing circles there is the subject of 'geopathic stress' whose explanation is radiated spectrums coming up out of the ground.
Also in these circles EMR is regarded as an additional source of stress/disturbance.
A book, "The Dark Side Of The Brain" poses a theory that in addition to hormonal control systems, the brain controls cells according to spectrums using the nerves as waveguides, and that extraneous EMR sourses can intefere with this feedback control system.
Ground radiations can be a potent source of beneficial or deleterious spectrums, and the place where you spend major portions of time are important to health and well being.
Ever slept in a bed where you got the best sleep ever, or in another where you wake up worse than when you went to bed ?.
Ever sat in different identical chairs in a hall and found some where you were relaxed and comfortable, and others where you were not ?.
A few years ago I dowsed a particularly strongly beneficial spot just inside the main doors in a cathedral in Switzerland - you could not help feeling happily re-energised after only moments over this spot.
This is old knowledge, and the churches have used this covertly since the beginnings of time.

Regarding man made sources, I find that most Jap cd players emit irritating RF junk with the amp turned off, and the CDP not playing, and Philips type players have a different and less objectionable vibe.
I also have an FM tuner that irritates even when the amp is turned off.
I have discussed these points with friends and found similar correlations.

Eric / - Beware the unseen devils.
Old 20th May 2003, 05:06 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

mmmmm, dowsing.
Old 20th May 2003, 05:40 PM   #7
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

I feel happily re-energized when I'm at the little steel table in the kitchen at Maison Borie in Lyon. No dowsing required.

The tinfoil hats work pretty well against the space aliens, but are totally ineffective against the satellite-beamed CIA mind control lasers.
Old 20th May 2003, 05:51 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

i dunno, i haven't had any trouble with CIA mind control lasers.

there are no CIA mind control lasers. but you didn't hear it from me...
Old 20th May 2003, 05:53 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default Sceptical Idiots...

I was taught by an old guy that I got to spend many hours with.
On our first meeting he gave me pen and paper, and asked me to draw a plan view of the floor and property where I lived.
He dowsed this map and marked out features and was entirely correct, and this was from his house 20 kilometres away.
That experience kind of changed my view of the universe - this old bloke was the nicest, happiest and gentlest persons I have ever met, and was in no way a crank.
I also discussed the subject with a nuclear physicist friend, and he was a dowser too.
Once the sense is realised, the rods can be discarded as they are indicators only - the key is to shut out all other concerns and focus on the dowsing task only, and note fine involantary reflexes within yourself.
Once you get a hold of this you will probably realise that you had this sense as a kid but lost it since.
Geopathic radiations are to be wary of, and if you are not sleeping right, you may need to move your bed.

Eric.
Old 20th May 2003, 06:03 PM   #10
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

There's a million bucks for the first person to demonstrate dowsing under conditions that prevent cheating. See www.randi.org. I'd ask that old guy for a 10% cut.

Hide this!Advertise here!