New Orleans Visit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Its not Jazz/Blues,

But Ive had a great time at Michael’s on Magazine street just outside of the French quarter. I think the neighborhood is called the central business district.

Cajun food with live Cajun music. Make reservations and plan on spending the evening. A very good time.

Oh, and for New Orleans Jazz, Preservation Hall. They do a couple of performances a day. Its all about the music there. Not a nightclub in any sense.

Red beans and rice
Jambalaya
Shrimp Etouffee
Crawfish Gumbo
Fried Catfish

All as worth consuming as is the music.

You should also get morning coffee (on a weekday) with beignets at Cafe Dumond in the French Quarter. CC's also has very good coffee.

Brunch or Dinner at Brennan's is good (Bananas Foster for desert).

If its cool enough, and not too humid, dinner in the courtyard at the Court of Two sisters is also good.

House of Blues! Check the schedual on the internet ahaed of time. Almost all thier shows are good.

Hurricanes at Pat O’Brien’s. More alchol than you would expect. Dont get too close to the burning fountain.

My last word of advice, moderation.

Have fun,

-Dave

If you want to get the REAL Cajun music, check and see if Fred's Cafe still does their live broadcasts (it's been 15 years since I've been there). Worth tuning in, if you can't drive that far to see it live. Shoes optional.

I'll be in Milano around the beginning of December. What a great city! We'll catch the end of the white truffle season.

SY said:
I'll be in Milano around the beginning of December. What a great city! We'll catch the end of the white truffle season.

Wow! I'll be in SF the next January :bigeyes:
If you need some info about the city, tell me.

Anyway, the best site in Italy for the White truffle it's not Milano, I have a good map for food and wine ;)

Bye and thank you!
Fabrizio

I know, it's Alba, but Milano is not a bad second choice! I'll email you for some recommendations. We've been astonished at how good little neighborhood restaurants are.

In San Francisco, do not miss The Slanted Door. It is food of a sort you have never eaten before. I'll be happy to join you there if I'm in town.

And we have a lively jazz scene. Keystone Corner is long gone, but there's plenty of others. Yoshi's is quite fun, sushi with jazz.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.