Asking for reference material, math theory

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I'm trying to understand noise, really understabnd it and not just calculate it. Can anybody help my with a publication (book, article, magazine, website) which can help me to connect fourier spectrum with gausian distribution, Poisson statistics, and rms values of shotnoise.

I seems easy to find a book with the mathmatical expression to calculate usefull measures of noise, but very difficult to find information how to come to those mathmatical expressions.

Regards,
Thijs

If you want that sort of indepth knowledge, you will probably have to be looking at some rather thick degree level maths text books. We have covered some of the stuff you have mentiond there (mainly the fourier stuff), but I haven't seen any one text book which goes into amazing depth about all of those topics. Your best bet would be to try and get a look in a university library (the engineering departments will generaly have something on these subjects) and find a couple of books that deal eith what you want. Then if you like tham and are still up to putting in all of the effort go out and buy coppies.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
You might try looking at some of the production automotive journals such as SAE. In particular, having to do with "In-Process-Verification" and "Signature Analysis". The latter has to do with the characterization of signals and differientiating signal from noise.

Rodd Yamashita

tschrama said:
Hi all,
Regards,
Thijs
Hi Thijs,
You can try the book Low Noise Electronic Design by Motchenbacher and Fitchen, John Wiley and Sons.
Also Horowitz in the Art of Electronics, Chapter 7, has some nice pages about noise.
:cool:
The difference between a chemist and a physicist is the latter needs a formula to understand the world. For me a mechanism suffices.
Elso/not a physicist:clown:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.