Unemployed engineers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
You have to watch out for those unemployed engineers who spend too much time on the computer.

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/news/1052645497257250.xml

And to think Grey Rollins called me a terrorist! I don't even own a gun and I have never sued anybody. I guess every one should be nice to the many unemployed engineers on the forum or only taunt those who are in another country........

*******' moron...

There's this thing called a "backup", it's this process of making a copy of things that you create on the computer which are valuable to you or that you have time or money invested in. That way it's really hard to lose anything.

What's really sad is that he was already sort of "unglued" under normal conditions, and he has what should be a minor hiccup in life, and he goes ballistic. That would be fine if he just ate his gun, no harm, no foul. But he took out innocent people, which is a real problem. We need an education or outreach program that teaches the nearly "unglued" people to peacefully "off" themselves before they take out innocent people.

Sheldon

The guy of the widescreen tv's wasnot an engineer, neither did he held people hostage in a philips building.....
The guy intended to make some hostages in a philips building to make his point about the widescreen tv's, but he entered the wrong building :D.

Funny story though.

And to think Grey Rollins called me a terrorist!

Didn´t you notive ???

today everyone is calles a terrorist who was called in former times "Ketzer heretic" "Ungläubiger, disbeliver" "Abtrünniger renegade" . in general all sinners uswusw...

in former times there was Inqusition for this - now you know how it is called.

Jacked Off.....

Computer Rage
" Computer abuse ... rage against the machine
1 January 2000
Reporter: Howard Gipps

Life wasn't meant to be easy - at least until computers came along. Now, thanks to technology, some of the more mundane and time-consuming tasks are a breeze.

But the convenience of computers comes at a price, and depending on your self-control, that price-tag can be astronomical.

A recent industry survey reveals an alarming trend of user-aggression when the computer spits a chip. Of those surveyed, 54 percent say they've experienced some level of computer rage.

At the violent end of the scale, two percent admitted to actually picking up their computer and hurling it across the office. One-quarter of users say they're guilty of screaming or swearing at their computer, with almost one-fifth 'fessing up to physical abuse - if their computer lets them down, it cops a hiding.

Problems such as program crashes, virus infections and lack of disk space are enough to send some users to the brink, and the research shows it's not just the novices who over-react. Experienced operators are just as likely to lose their temper.
A common approach is the Fonzie Principle, also known as Percussion Therapy, where the user punches the computer and, somehow, the problem fixes itself.

According to Sydney University psychologist Kate Baggs, a more constructive way of dealing with computer rage is to fantasise about Percussion Therapy, rather than acting it out.

So, if your computer is driving you to despair, take it outside and shoot it, throw it from the top of a building, flatten it with a steam roller, or use the mouse for golf practice. In your dreams, of course. Or simply by watching us do it for you.

This one has always cracked me up (scroll down to download the mpeg file - 416 kB).
Bad Day Mpeg

Eric.

Attachments

• bad day.gif
    bad day.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 326
I was in cleveland as this was happening.....and the thing that occurs to me--besides the obvious sadness for the person that died-- is that this building it occurred in; the new Frank Gehry-designed building, it just opened its doors last year.

Already its tainted...and people are going to talk about how someone got shot in there...etc. It was a controversial building to begin with...and now its going to be the "someone died in there" building. Like the old house in the neighborhood that you swear must be haunted...

-maz

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
"Doesn't come as a surprise to me...most users don't have a clue about the hardware so they get mad at what they actually see: the poor monitor."

It's way to much trouble to open the computer up to yell at the dynamic RAM and Microsoft will never make an operating system that works as well as UNIX...........

Some Engineers Are Idiots...

You have to watch out for those unemployed engineers who spend too much time on the computer.
I reckon these engineers should get a job on the bench repairing their stuff ups - they might learn a thing or two.
It is clear to me that many engineers need a year or two doing bench general servicing to understand the range and scope of the typical idiot design stage things that I have to repeatedly fix.
Many of these mistakes carry on down through the generations... :rolleyes:

Eric.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.