Adjustable octave warble tone generator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Does anyone of a (free) software tone generator that will let me select not just the frequency of the warble tone but also how many octaves. Typically its 1/3 octave, but I'd like to use smaller octaves like 1/6th, 1/24th...

Do you know the Crawford Warble Oscillator published in Audio Amateur (many) years ago? Hardware....

jd

Speaker Workshop !

Speaker Workshop to the rescue!
good ol' SW has a signal generator that can do warble tones and will let you adjust the range!

Attachments

• sw.jpg
    sw.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 154
Burn a CD with warble tones, generated with Cooledit or something? Or there's some test CDs that have warble tones or band-limited pink noise. Denon Audio Technical CD, for one. If it's out of print, evil people may have shared it as a torrent or something. There's some freeware audio test CDs too.

If you burn them as MP3s, an MP3 player would display the name (so you wouldn't need to count tracks on a CD player). A small (32M) (obsolete) flash player should be more than enough space.

Last edited:
Speaker Workshop to the rescue!
good ol' SW has a signal generator that can do warble tones and will let you adjust the range!

How does one bring up that dialog? I looked at the help page for it. It does not say how to navigate to it.

Thankee.

Edit: I figured out how to make the dialog come up. Now how do I play the tone? The "Apply" button is grayed out, BTW.

Last edited:
Trying to get Speaker Workshop to generate a warble tone. Here's what I've done:

1. I go, "Resource/New/Signal" and create a new signal. It shows up in the project, but it contains a default signal, a sine wave.

2. I click on the signal resource in the project window, and click on the "Edit properties" button.

3. The advertised dialog comes up, but when I click on the "Warble" tab, the "Apply" button is grayed out, so I cannot change the signal to a warble tone.

4. I scratch and cuss.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.