Match speakers to Pioneer VSX 1018AH reciever

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All
I had a look around the forums and I hope I chose the right place to post this thread.
I bought this receiver and a set of Jamo speakers (s606 floorstanding). Thing is the sound is nothing like I am used to.
My dad has an old (around 1983) Marantz system (Amp, EQ, Tape deck, Tuner) all made in USA and it sounds brilliant.
I can't seem to get the same range of highs and depth from this set up. It is so frustrating. Everything sounds so flat and jumbled. Like fifty people trying to get through one doorway. Any advice would be great. Thanks. Fi

Glowbug and dangus thanks for your input. I can't try his speakers with my receiver - he would kill me!! and I have organised the speakers properly thru the receiver so am not sure why the sound is not great. Spoke to a dude in an Audio store and he reckons my receiver is not good match for those speakers ??? I wouldn't have a clue now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.