diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   What's your next project? (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/149013-whats-your-next-project.html)

Jason 20th August 2009 07:30 AM

What's your next project?

A thread to start our polls off....

We all have lots of projects lying around (either in physical parts or in our heads!) but which one to build next? I have several boxes of parts lying around which have been sadly neglected for years. I've just started soldering again so it's time to pick a new project!

What will you be building next?

osscar 20th August 2009 07:35 AM

My next project will be tube amp ( probably SE circuit with KT88 ....) the deadline - Christmas or beginning of next year +- depends on budget.

Jaac 20th August 2009 07:49 AM

My next project will be an preamp. I'm now using a camtech C8000 in combination with my Aleph 5's. The camtech is nothing special. I will build a B1 with maybe an tube infront for some extra gain.

h00hbt 20th August 2009 08:51 AM

Im building a 300B integrated......Hashimoto iron, motor run caps in PSU and TFTF V-caps. Can´t wait to hear it.....

bluevas 20th August 2009 09:03 AM

le monstre amp:) with originale trannies

klemminger 20th August 2009 09:03 AM

I started building a pair of mini speakers (Dynavox FR88EX in CB) plus a pair of small subwoofers (Tangband W5-876SA) for support replacing the 8l speakers on my desk.

hasaudio.co.nz 20th August 2009 09:18 AM

Humble statement loudspeaker-end of year(fingers crossed)

ratza 20th August 2009 09:53 AM

Mine is a tube preamp with E88CC. Input selector will be made with relays and CD4017, by a single button. Tone controls and volume will be made with DIY (well... partially:D) stepped attenuators, 11 steps for tone and 26 for volume. Until now I managed to finish the output buffer, input selector, mute/bypass/direct control and a small part from the power supply.

Atilla 20th August 2009 10:21 AM

Next project will be a LME49600 based buffer preamp, since I've got the poweramp working fine, but I need a volume control and possibly some long interconnects :)

Curly Woods 20th August 2009 11:21 AM

Mono block tube amps with separate PS chassis

I am in the final stages of gathering components for a big project. Mono block tube KT88 amps w/separate power supply chassis for each channel. Tube regulated input and driver stages, pair of MV tubes per channel for B+ supplies, separate filament transformers for all stages, separate power transformers for each stage, 11 tubes total per channel. Probably winter time only amps, but I wanted to build something really esoteric. It's one of my bucket list projects that came sooner than others. Output iron is the only thing that I have not decided on yet. 1/4" aluminum top plates for all chassis. Big and heavy :-) No sand except for a few diodes :-)