What's your next project? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
View Poll Results: Natural dielectrics (in caps and wire) like silk, paper and cotton sound more natural
YES! 0 0%
NO! 0 0%
This is a stupid poll 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20th August 2009, 11:42 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Rebuild a 6B4G PP amp. When I originally built the amp, I threw in everything but the kitchen sink Anyhow, never did like the sound and want to rebuild using a much simpler design.

ck
Old 20th August 2009, 12:00 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

create a very cost effective unic and universal box to put amplifiers , preamplifiers , and others i construct ..... the wood sassi i use is now 3 years old ( been selling almost 100 so far ) not really cost effective since it costs almost 100 euro ....so i look for something else
Attached Images
File Type: jpg complet_sassi_rear-amp.jpg (65.7 KB, 193 views)
Old 20th August 2009, 12:14 PM   #13
wg_ski is offline wg_ski  United States
diyAudio Member

Forced laser plasma rifle in the forty-watt range... er, make that Class D full bridge amplifier in the 4kW range. Just got the first box of class-D-specific parts yesterday. Probably be making bass in 2011 at the rate these things usually go. Still need to finish the previous class H build, which was suspended for the bike race season and picks up again in October.
Old 20th August 2009, 12:20 PM   #14
piero7 is offline piero7  Italy
diyAudio Member

My next project is a 6C33 monotriode

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 20th August 2009, 12:21 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Slated for the winter project: Top flight low thd preamp with near SS spec using ex video tubes with parafeed o/p: this time using CCS, LEds and the lot.

richy
Old 20th August 2009, 01:28 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

I just finished a speaker project L18/tbfc vs B&W N805 speaker review.,

But I've already started collecting materials for a high end solid state class a preamp with stepped attenuator and remote control. The all aluminum casing that I wanted is very expensive though.
Old 20th August 2009, 01:36 PM   #17
just another
diyAudio Moderator

If I ever finish my current project then I will be doing a pre-amp/active crossover (probably combined). I'm leaning towards a buffer rather than a pre probably a B1 and I've got grand delusions about doing my own design for an active crossover, breaking all the rules and probably my speakers Actually I probably need to do this project concurrently with my current project, as without it, I will only have a two way MTM and no way of running my stereo 10" subs (which are currently my three ways)...

Tony.
Old 20th August 2009, 02:17 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Currently I'm making a PCM2706>SRC4192>PCM1794>TPA6120 for my Aunt. Or should I say, that part, of it, works, I just need to build the power supply.

Next up is a remake of an ADC based around a PCM4202 and two DACs around PCM1794 working in dual mono. Around the same time I will probably be etching the PCBs to try out the TAS5630.

Oh and following that perhaps making a small sub around a Peerless XLS10+PR.
Old 20th August 2009, 02:35 PM   #19
CRST is offline CRST  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm currently working on a combined CD/ FM Tuner / pre/power amp. No front panel, everything controlled by (I hope simple to use) remote control. The intent is simple to use and relatively inexpensive, not the highest quality. At my age, you can't pick the difference anyway.

The biggest challenge with this project the microcontroller code. It took me months to reverse engineer the IDE control bus for a computer CD drive.

Not sure when it'll be done. Probably only a couple more months.

PS. This is probably my first post to the forum, although I've been lurking for a while.

Richard S
Old 20th August 2009, 02:36 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

My next project is an audiophile boom box. Biamplified system with 41Hz AMP-9 basic, group buy crossover boards, Jordan JR6-HD and Peerless 830856. It won't be loud or efficient but should sound good meant as a travel, not party, system. Most of the parts are in hand and I am in the process of assembling things now.

Hide this!Advertise here!